New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys, I have 06 Honda city 1.3 idsi, it has been jerking slightly for a couple of months now. I always feel it jerking between 1.5-2.5 RPM. but at high speeds, i barely feel that its still jerking, pero hirap na siya mag accelerate. I brougth it already to 3 honda Casa (alabang,pasig, magallanes) wala sila magawa, all they did is 1. regular PMS/Tune up,oil change etc. 2.Throttle body cleaning. sabi ng service advisor TP sensor daw, pero ginalaw un sensor, ramdam ko naman na na nag aadvance cya and delay, so it is working. they also checked fuel pump,filter and its ok, pero d mawala yun jerking nya, super less na yun power nya, tapos ang consumption ko for a full tank (32-35L) before nakaka ave. ako ng 500kms, pero now, swerte na maka 300KMS/fulltank. i brought it to an electrician, sinaksakan ng pang monitor ng computer box, pero all codes are working well.I even brought my friend's city just to compare readings, and the same lang ang results. gusto ng electrician ko is to thoroughly check the air intake system and fuel injectors to check kung malinis, takot lang cya kalasin yun intake manifold kasi plasticand pag kinalas, intake manifold gasket should be replaced. nag inquire ako sa honda Laguna kung pwede bumili ng gasket lang, bawal daw yun,tpos yun price nung gasket e 2k na agad, whereas meron din ako 97 sentra, ang mga gaskets around 300p lang, mapa anong engine gasket. But my question is, is it ok to go performing air/fuel system check to an electrician/mechanic? could you help me to find spareparts that I need for my honda at a reasonable price? or what else should I do before I take my car to the elecrtrician/Mechanic that I know? and, I installed racing filters with my engine a year ago, does it contribute to the jerking that I am experiencing right now? your suggestions will be really appreciated. thanks guys more power!!![IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/default/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jinggatch View Post
    Hi guys, I have 06 Honda city 1.3 idsi, it has been jerking slightly for a couple of months now. I always feel it jerking between 1.5-2.5 RPM. but at high speeds, i barely feel that its still jerking, pero hirap na siya mag accelerate. I brougth it already to 3 honda Casa (alabang,pasig, magallanes) wala sila magawa, all they did is 1. regular PMS/Tune up,oil change etc. 2.Throttle body cleaning. sabi ng service advisor TP sensor daw, pero ginalaw un sensor, ramdam ko naman na na nag aadvance cya and delay, so it is working. they also checked fuel pump,filter and its ok, pero d mawala yun jerking nya, super less na yun power nya, tapos ang consumption ko for a full tank (32-35L) before nakaka ave. ako ng 500kms, pero now, swerte na maka 300KMS/fulltank. i brought it to an electrician, sinaksakan ng pang monitor ng computer box, pero all codes are working well.I even brought my friend's city just to compare readings, and the same lang ang results. gusto ng electrician ko is to thoroughly check the air intake system and fuel injectors to check kung malinis, takot lang cya kalasin yun intake manifold kasi plasticand pag kinalas, intake manifold gasket should be replaced. nag inquire ako sa honda Laguna kung pwede bumili ng gasket lang, bawal daw yun,tpos yun price nung gasket e 2k na agad, whereas meron din ako 97 sentra, ang mga gaskets around 300p lang, mapa anong engine gasket. But my question is, is it ok to go performing air/fuel system check to an electrician/mechanic? could you help me to find spareparts that I need for my honda at a reasonable price? or what else should I do before I take my car to the elecrtrician/Mechanic that I know? and, I installed racing filters with my engine a year ago, does it contribute to the jerking that I am experiencing right now? your suggestions will be really appreciated. thanks guys more power!!![IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/default/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

[SIZE="4"]REMINDER:

-Do not use SMS/TXT format when posting messages
    -Do break up your post into PROPER sentences and paragraphs for easier reading.

The RULES:
    [/SIZE]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/annou...php?f=123&a=19

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you tried having the old sparkplugs cleaned or replaced with fresh sparkplugs that are properly gapped?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi, yes sir, every time I go to honda for PMS, pina pa palitan ko na plugs. every 5k kms tune up ko with honda. my mechanic told me that plugs are firing well, no traces of oil

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi guys, I have 06 Honda city 1.3 idsi, it has been jerking slightly for a couple of months now. I always feel it jerking between 1.5-2.5 RPM. but at high speeds, i barely feel that its still jerking, pero hirap na siya mag accelerate. I brougth it already to 3 honda Casa (alabang,pasig, magallanes) wala sila magawa, all they did is 1. regular PMS/Tune up,oil change etc. 2.Throttle body cleaning. sabi ng service advisor TP sensor daw, pero ginalaw un sensor, ramdam ko naman na na nag aadvance cya and delay, so it is working.

they also checked fuel pump,filter and its ok, pero d mawala yun jerking nya, super less na yun power nya, tapos ang consumption ko for a full tank (32-35L) before nakaka ave. ako ng 500kms, pero now, swerte na maka 300KMS/fulltank. i brought it to an electrician, sinaksakan ng pang monitor ng computer box, pero all codes are working well.I even brought my friend's city just to compare readings, and the same lang ang results. gusto ng electrician ko is to thoroughly check the air intake system and fuel injectors to check kung malinis, takot lang cya kalasin yun intake manifold kasi plasticand pag kinalas, intake manifold gasket should be replaced.

nag inquire ako sa honda Laguna kung pwede bumili ng gasket lang, bawal daw yun,tpos yun price nung gasket e 2k na agad, whereas meron din ako 97 sentra, ang mga gaskets around 300p lang, mapa anong engine gasket.

But my question is, is it ok to go performing air/fuel system check to an electrician/mechanic? could you help me to find spareparts that I need for my honda at a reasonable price? or what else should I do before I take my car to the elecrtrician/Mechanic that I know? and, I installed racing filters with my engine a year ago, does it contribute to the jerking that I am experiencing right now? your suggestions will be really appreciated. thanks guys more power!!![IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/default/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Hi jinggatch, I happen to browse your thread about your 2006 honda city idsi with engine jerking and I read the replies because my daughter also have the same problem with her 2006 honda city idsi. We have tried numerous options and consulted the best mechanics and electricians I've known but they cannot seem to locate or pinpoint the source of the jerking. Once I had its throttle cleaned, new set of spark plugs installed and the performance improved and the jerking disappeared - but for about two weeks only. You're right, the gas consumption is about 10km/liter only or less and sometimes, walang hatak. When you reach 40Km/h parang ayaw ng tumaas yung needle ng speedometer kahit idiin mo pa accelarator. The jerking is experienced during low speed only, same as yours. Every PMS of the car, Honda Kalookan did just the same as the casa you mentioned, wala din sila magawa, di nila makita source ng jerking.

To-date, have you any luck in finding the cure for the jerking? I'll appreciate it very much if you'll share with me any info on the cure for the "jerking". Thanks!!!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    cvt ba yan?

baka yan na yung dreaded na cvt issue.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    have they (honda technicians) considered it might be a tranny problem?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    hi, i'm also experiencing the same sa oto ko now. na-fix na po ba yung issue sa kotse nyo??? Anong ginawa? TIA.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Bro what year model ng car mo? Nag check Ka ba ng ATF mo bka kulang na o madumi na?

Tsikot Mobile App

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
honda city engine jerking