New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I want to share what I experienced last night and solicit your advice on the matter. I exited the tarlac exit of sctex last night with 6 bars of fuel still on the gauge of my 2008 civic FD a/t. After just a few kilometers i noticed na mabilis mabawasan yung fuel gauge in fact I saw 2 bars simultaneously go out so immediately pulled over to a gas station to gas up and check if there was a leak, by this time there was only 1 bar left. I saw no obvious sign of leak in or under the engine compartment and also under the gas tank. So I filled up 11 liters of gasoline but to my surprise only 1 bar was added. I drove about 20 kms or so and the fuel gauge displayed empty with the orange light warning glowing. My question mga sirs ano po kaya problema ng civic ko? Is it a fuel floater problem or gas leak? Sa opinion ko po kasi if its a gas leak and ganun kabilis maubos yung gas ko it would obviously produce a visible sign of leakage pero wala naman ako makita.
    Just in case na fuel float po ang problema how much is it and madali lang po ba palitan. Thanks thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    baka iyong gauge mismo ang prob

try mo gawin iyong procedure dito bro para ma-diagnose: Team FD Online ? Login.

kung di ka pa member sa team fd, might as well register na lang bro to view the thread

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    baka iyong gauge mismo ang prob

try mo gawin iyong procedure dito bro para ma-diagnose: Team FD Online ? Login.

kung di ka pa member sa team fd, might as well register na lang bro to view the thread
    sir in a nutshell ano daw po yung dapat gawin para mabigyan lang ako ng idea. tnx thnx

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    UPDATE: brought the civic fd to the former chief mechanic of a local honda dealership. we tried the instrument panel test procedure wherein all the lights and gauges flash and moves up and down. all the display are working so ruled out na po yung instrument. we removed the fuel sender/float from the tank and tested it with an ohmmeter/tester. turned out it was the fuel sender that was not functioning. I called multimotors in banawe and fertes in roosevelt both told me that they do not have the fuel sender. Saan pa po ba pwede magtanong na source ng honda parts even yung surplus basta in working condition. thanks again.