New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hello Guys! Hope you could reply to my query above. Would replacing my ignition coil be the answer to the jerking i am constantly experiencing?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by carcare101 View Post
    Hello Guys! Hope you could reply to my query above. Would replacing my ignition coil be the answer to the jerking i am constantly experiencing?

Thanks!
    Just to update, the jerking in my car when accelerating has stopped. Apparently, busted spark plugs are the cause. I was assuming it was already settled when the spark plugs were replaced during my 80km check up.

Honda Fairview had my spark plugs tested and saw that 2 are not working. Replacement of the spark plugs is way better than the ignition coil.

Hoping this jerking issue will be laid to rest.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi, just had the flywheel replaced last Sept. 18K inabot sa Honda Magallanes.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arch_auto View Post
    +10 ako diyan sa start clutch since 2005 model yan. And yes, pwede palitan lang ang start clutch, and any Honda dealership could do that. Just have the whole start clutch assembly replaced and not the clutches and disks only.
    Thank you for replying arch_auto! Medyo matagal na akong hindi nakabisita dito. May idea ka ba kung magakano itong start clutch and replacement nito? My CVT is still functioning and still have the same symptoms. I have found a video of what the start clutch looks like. The video also affirms the weakness of this part.

Honda Civic CVT Transaxle Operation - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by marktams86 View Post
    Hi, just had the flywheel replaced last Sept. 18K inabot sa Honda Magallanes.

Ano symptoms pag flywheel ang may problem???

Parehas ba symptoms kung buong transmission na ang problema???

Whats the difference???

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    bro, solenoid valve ata yung may prob sa kanya. naayos na and naibenta na niya din yung kotse.
    Sir patrick base on back reading hinde yun solenoid valve ang naging solution sa problem ni sir suysuy ang pagkaintindi ko papalitan tranny na or mag offer buong replace ang unit other year model ata......mula nun wala na balita kay sir suysuy ano kaya nangyari ? Napalitan kaya transmission nya covered ng warranty???

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    my tranny is giving up n ata.. although after tuneup and change cvtf mejo nag improve sya.. a few days ago pinagawa ko nmn car aircon ko.. super lamig na. kaso last nyt when i was driving nung nag drive thru ako pansin ko nag jerk sya while in idle.. then started to get noisy then shakes violenty so i decided to park it muna. i was able to arrive home safely pero iba na yung takbo ng oto.. maingay, jerking violently when idle, slips gears from time to time and times that doesnt move forward agad. when i put the aircon to number 2 may slight burnt smell.. i dont know baka paranoid lang.. kaya i drove home windows down. i think tranny is about to go.. eto na ba yun? hanggang dito nlng jazz ko? currently at 94K.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ano na pala result nung kay sir suysuy?

I am planning to buy the 2014 Honda city 1.5E CVT.

Ano pinagkaiba nito sa luma nilang cvt? belt ba ito or chain? Torque converter for what?

Is the new cvt reliable?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by weszt View Post
    ano na pala result nung kay sir suysuy?

I am planning to buy the 2014 Honda city 1.5E CVT.

Ano pinagkaiba nito sa luma nilang cvt? belt ba ito or chain? Torque converter for what?

Is the new cvt reliable?
    read this link: http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysi...rque-converter

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by nashimoto View Post
    my tranny is giving up n ata.. although after tuneup and change cvtf mejo nag improve sya.. a few days ago pinagawa ko nmn car aircon ko.. super lamig na. kaso last nyt when i was driving nung nag drive thru ako pansin ko nag jerk sya while in idle.. then started to get noisy then shakes violenty so i decided to park it muna. i was able to arrive home safely pero iba na yung takbo ng oto.. maingay, jerking violently when idle, slips gears from time to time and times that doesnt move forward agad. when i put the aircon to number 2 may slight burnt smell.. i dont know baka paranoid lang.. kaya i drove home windows down. i think tranny is about to go.. eto na ba yun? hanggang dito nlng jazz ko? currently at 94K.
    Sir nashimoto kakatakot na yan ah baka itirik ka na nyan bigla, better pag ipunan muna kse palala na ng palala sir.....may nakita ako sa sulit yun tranny around 14k lang ata better check it out tapos pakabit mo nalang kay mel....

Epic Failure Of My Honda City's CVT Transmission!