New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongyot1221 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and thought of letting all of you here know my on-going bad experience with Honda Alabang.

I bought from them a 2010 Honda City 1.3S A/T just last Aug 2010. But last Dec 12, 2010, 2 months after the car had it's 1st service maintenance (1000k), while the car was parked at SM Bacoor, a fire started in the steering wheel area. By the time the security guards of SM put-off the fire, the whole back portion of the steering wheel was heavily burnt and in fact, the fire melted and damaged beyond repairs this section. The security guards had to break the driver's side window to put off the fire. Honda Alabang admitted it's electrical malfunction but are willing to restore the car only - not replace the unit. Is this how they treat their customers? I am supposed to be using a new car - NOT A MAJOR REPAIRED CAR!!!. What if the fire broke out while we were asleep in the house? Or it happened while I'm driving? Or the same thing happened again? I am not stupid and put my family at risk again 'coz thats what they did to us for the last 5 months. It seems they do not understand the seriousness of the problem.

Todate, they have not responded to my complaint. Please help.
    katakot naman nangyari na yan ser. please post updates on this endeavor...

its the first that I've heard of a fire breaking out in a Honda. mods ka ba sa sasakyan or stock parin siya?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Ang alam ko may recall dati ang new honda city due to "fire risk", meron nasunog na honda city sa abroad na pinanggalingan ay window riser mechanism/circuit sa driver side. I ask SA of Honda Alabang last year during 1st PMS ng unit ko Honda City 1.5E. Ang sabi hindi daw kasama ang PHDM sa recall

Yikess!... may fire incident na pala!! This bothered me because our city is the daily drive of my wife.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by knight21 View Post
    sa inyo pala sir yung city na nakita namin sa SM while we were jogging. hoefully sir maayos na yung problema nyo.
    yes kami yun...you've seen what happened to my car...so would you just accept a restoration job? Sana kung may nakapag-video nung actual na nasusunog yung kotse the better to show honda the danger my family were subjected to. No positive developments todate....thanks for your concerns....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    katakot naman nangyari na yan ser. please post updates on this endeavor...

its the first that I've heard of a fire breaking out in a Honda. mods ka ba sa sasakyan or stock parin siya?

unfortunately, sa car ko pa nangyari 'to.....walang binago sa car except sa alarm na sa kanila rin galing at sila rin ang nagkabit...it was installed before I took out the car from the them 5 months ago...thanks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Ang alam ko may recall dati ang new honda city due to "fire risk", meron nasunog na honda city sa abroad na pinanggalingan ay window riser mechanism/circuit sa driver side. I ask SA of Honda Alabang last year during 1st PMS ng unit ko Honda City 1.5E. Ang sabi hindi daw kasama ang PHDM sa recall

Yikess!... may fire incident na pala!! This bothered me because our city is the daily drive of my wife.
    thanks...it's really bothering...nag-ipon ako ng pera from blood and tears and we chose honda dahil sa balitang subok na sa quality at service..so it's really depressing and disappointing na ganito lang pala ang mapapala ko...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

That is a huge concern, indeed, bro.

I suggest you write a formal letter of complaint to their Branch Manager, and have them acknowledged receipt of the letter.

Ask for a formal meeting with the BM, among others, tagging along somebody who is knowledgeable in this type of discussion/case.

11.9K:apple:
    thanks for the concern and suggestion bro. I already sent them a complaint letter with my demand for a replacement unit. They did acknowledged my letter but sadly, they only want me to just accept a restoration job for a 5-month old car at that! No developments todate.....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Sana may legal mind/professional tsikoteer na mag post ng kanyang opinion dito; change, repair or ano ba talaga ang dapat?? interested din ako sa case na ito..
    haaays ang hirap ipunin ang pera pang bili ng car.. tapos kusang masunog lang. Sana tumama sa LOTTO.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongyot1221 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and thought of letting all of you here know my on-going bad experience with Honda Alabang.

I bought from them a 2010 Honda City 1.3S A/T just last Aug 2010. But last Dec 12, 2010, 2 months after the car had it's 1st service maintenance (1000k), while the car was parked at SM Bacoor, a fire started in the steering wheel area. By the time the security guards of SM put-off the fire, the whole back portion of the steering wheel was heavily burnt and in fact, the fire melted and damaged beyond repairs this section. The security guards had to break the driver's side window to put off the fire. Honda Alabang admitted it's electrical malfunction but are willing to restore the car only - not replace the unit. Is this how they treat their customers? I am supposed to be using a new car - NOT A MAJOR REPAIRED CAR!!!. What if the fire broke out while we were asleep in the house? Or it happened while I'm driving? Or the same thing happened again? I am not stupid and put my family at risk again 'coz thats what they did to us for the last 5 months. It seems they do not understand the seriousness of the problem.

Todate, they have not responded to my complaint. Please help.

nakakatakot naman po to. Replacement talaga dapat bagay sa city mo. kahit ako napag-isip2x dito. What if nangyari yan sa gitna ng traffic with no water or fire extinguisher para mapatay ang apoy? Hindi lang embarrassment ang makukuha ng driver, mga patong patong na problema pa. sir pls update us with your car. God is good baka malay mo mapalitan na yan one of this days..

san po ba best bumili ng honda car?

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by henyomzky View Post
    nakakatakot naman po to. Replacement talaga dapat bagay sa city mo. kahit ako napag-isip2x dito. What if nangyari yan sa gitna ng traffic with no water or fire extinguisher para mapatay ang apoy? Hindi lang embarrassment ang makukuha ng driver, mga patong patong na problema pa. sir pls update us with your car. God is good baka malay mo mapalitan na yan one of this days..

san po ba best bumili ng honda car?
    The ones in Quezon Ave, Marikina, Kalookan are the best. Avoid the ones owned by Ayala.

Ayala group of companies??? Bad ethics???

Just search for the thread "Best Honda Dealer"

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brattilena View Post
    Thank you guys for replying to my thread... I'm really grateful to all your helpful answers.

After 10 years, my car is here. I bought it in last July 30th and got it October 25th. Saya noh?? And the best part pa?
    1. Di pa daw nila natapos ipolish yung part ng tinamaan kasi may nakita pang bula sa paint, kaya they have to do something about it again, kaya di na napolish (although di na sya ganun kahalata)
    2. Di pa daw sya na-rust proof
    3. The back-up sensors na pinakakabit ko, di daw gumagana pala yung unit or there is something wrong with the sensors (na nacheck lang nila nung day of pick up. Bute di pa nila binutasan)
    4. I need to go back to Alabang to do all of these again and spend a day in their shop for all of these to be finished.
    5. When they say you can pick it up at 4pm... it means 6pm. Closing time.
    So I told them if they can relocate it na lang sa Magallianes or Shaw? Para mas malapit naman, at di na ko babalik sa kanila.

And to all those who told me to write to DTI and other higher authorities about this matter? I did. My attorney is already handling this, at muka ngang effective, kasi biglang lumabas ang oto ko na sabi nila Nov.13th pa daw matatapos, but even now we are still going to write complaints to the President of Honda Phil, DTI and others to let them know about this matter and what kind of services Honda is giving to its clients.

They are not treating their customers they way they should be treated. They are taking advantage of the situation and doesn't understand fully why you bought your car... It's for your NEED.

And to all those who thinks I'm a guy? I'm a girl po... and don't worry, update ko ulet kayo how it goes... Drive safely guys!
    More than 1year na wala ka pa ding update.....its too late na yata sis.... jk.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Beware of honda alabang:don't go there for repairs and services