New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 884 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Hi Guys may nababasa na akong problem ng mga city petrol version sa team bhp

Please add to this thread any known technical issues and solutions for the 4th Gen Honda City.

I will begin with a issue being faced by a large number of petrol city owners.
    When the car heats up ( after say 15-20 min of city driving ) there is a distinct ringing/grinding noise that emanates from the engine bay when the car idles.
    The noise sounds like a little bell being tied to a rotating pulley mixed with a grinding noise like the one you would hear if you get a knife sharpened against a grinding wheel.
    This noise actually comes from the accessory belt ( also known as the alternator/drive/fan belt ).
    This is the belt you see on the left side of the engine which goes around the AC compressor alternator etc.
    Here is a recording of the noise:
    https://soundcloud.com/netmax/2014-h...ity-svt-idling

The noise disappears if you sprinkle a few drops of water on the non-ribbed side of the belt.

No known solution to the problem exists. Replacing the belt or changing the idler pulley does not seem to resolve the issue.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Sir, you from Malolos din? Andami ng naka GM6 satin!! ehehehe Mine is Brown Gold VX+ sana magkaron ng group.

Quote Originally Posted by kandule View Post
    Yung mga naka 1st PMS na, na advice na po ba kayo kung magkano aabutin ang 2nd PMS ? 5700 Pesos ang sabi sa akin sa Hondacars Bulacan

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Par_Alas View Post
    Sir, you from Malolos din? Andami ng naka GM6 satin!! ehehehe Mine is Brown Gold VX+ sana magkaron ng group.
    San Rafael ako sir . Got my car from Honda Guiguinto Brown Gold VX din sa akin.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ayos sir!! Kambal yung mga oto natin! hehehe

San Rafael ako sir . Got my car from Honda Guiguinto Brown Gold VX din sa akin.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Par_Alas View Post
    Ayos sir!! Kambal yung mga oto natin! hehehe
    hehehe sa totoo lang sir, wala pa akong ibang kulay na nakita sa kalsada kundi gold brown hahahaha. Kaya nagpalagay ako ng visor at backup sensor eh! hahahah

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hehehe sa totoo lang sir, wala pa akong ibang kulay na nakita sa kalsada kundi gold brown hahahaha. Kaya nagpalagay ako ng visor at backup sensor eh! hahahah
    Puti yung pinili ko.
    Yung previous car ko kasi, itim. Napagod na ako sa pagalaga sa itim.
    (Wrong move.. marami din palang kaartehan sa pag alaga sa puti.. ambilis lumitaw ng alkitran at magmantsa ang dagta.)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Yun sakin naman Modern Steel Metallic ung kulay. Napansin ko mga 7/10 ng nakikita ko dito sa manila e ganito kulay. Haha kaya andami na agad namin. Oo nga, gagawa ba tayo ng sariling group?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    And question pa nga pala mga ser. Nagpakabit kasi ako ng mugen visor kaso sa tao lang, and lately ko lang napansin na hndi masyado pantay ung isang side, may alam ba kayong nagkakabit ulet neto? Sabi kasi nung nagkabit na pag inalis e hndi na sya masyadong didikit.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Yung last na city namin galing sa honda cars rizal. Ok naman service nila. Try mo honda greenhills. Bagong dealer lang.

Naku my friend had a disappointing experience in Honda greenhills.. They gave her the display car without informing her..kung di pa nya nakita sa gallery nya na yun ang display.. They won't inform.. Tapos nung Una ayaw pa aminin.

Ask ko mga sir and pwede I ask as dealer to compensate what they did. Can my ask an palitan unit nya?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Guys, anybody here who has the 1.5E variant?

If so, would just like to ask if the AT lever only has the P-R-N-D choices only?

Vx & vx+ have the S option for the paddle shifter, but since the E does not have paddle shifters, i am wondering what if there are options for low gears only (similar to traditional AT) for uphill climbs and engine breaking

Visited a honda dealership but no display of the 1.5e variant and sales agent is unsure