New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    http://www.autoindustriya.com/features/driving-and-riding-the-all-new-2014-honda-accord.html] 2014 Honda Accord

I've seen this in the metal thrice and I like the looks. Reminds me of a certain Acura model heheh. I like this over the Mazda 6. Interior pics are also good.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Went to Honda BGC on the week of its release, the 9th gen looks shorter than the 8th gen model. However, it has a more muscular stance. The good thing is that HondaPH kept the prices the same as the previous 8th gen. Despite the comments from old Accord owners in the US with the 9th gen losing some of the key sporty characteristics of the Accord line (double wishbone suspension and hydraulic power steering), it still received good reviews from the motoring sector.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-accord-page-3

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...-accord-page-6
    Last edited by Egan101; February 15th, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Went to Honda BGC on the week of its release, the 9th gen looks shorter than the 8th gen model.
    It really is shorter than the previous gen Accord, overall length is 40mm less and the wheelbase is 25mm less, but the interior space and trunk space actually increased a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Despite the comments from old Accord owners in the US with the 9th gen losing some of the key sporty characteristics of the Accord line (double wishbone suspension and hydraulic power steering), it still received good reviews from the motoring sector.
    The MacPherson Strut suspension is lighter and takes up less space (for better packaging) which allows the car to be shorter, I guess efficiency is more of a priority now.

I'm sure with a little retuning Honda can improve the Accord's handling/driving dynamics (the Porsche 911, the smaller BMWs, Minis, Fords etc use MacPherson Strut suspension and they're known for their sporty handling and good driving dynamics).

Motor Trend says the 4-cylinder Accord handles better than the V6 model.
    The four-cylinder is the sweetheart of the gas-only group. It feels quicker behind the wheel than expected and handles better. While the electric steering in all the cars is totally numb, it's reasonably quick, linear, and nicely weighted. On four-cylinder cars, it's actually quite nice to pilot through the curves -- for a midsize sedan anyway. The car is very neutral in everyday driving, defaulting to understeer when pushed. We tried an emergency lane change-type maneuver and while we were able to get the rear to step out slightly, it never made any attempt to come around. The V-6 car, however, felt more nose-heavy and more inclined to understeer. Furthermore, the steering lost some of its linearity. It felt as though we were constantly beating the power steering with our inputs.
    Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz2tWarAd1N
    Last edited by AG4; February 17th, 2014 at 06:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Having driven the past four generations of Accord, the only thing I really miss from the previous car is the hydraulic steering, which was the sweetest in the segment (not as tactile as the first-gen Mazda6, but incredibly smooth and confident)... the new electric is numb, but still very precise, as MotorTrend says.

The MacPherson strut front end works very well. The only issue with MacPhersons is you have to tune them stiffer for the same performance. The current set-up is stiffer than before, yes, but the handling performance is much better, as well.

In the end, doesn't matter what Honda puts on the car. What matters is what they did with it. And they did well.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Not sure which is a better deal; the new 9th gen or an 8th gen with a big discount (490k). There might still be a few dealers with some stocks on their inventory for the 8th gen but Honda BGC (and maybe along with its Ayala sister dealers) have already sold out their 8th gen inventory.

*niky - how would you characterize each of the Accord generation (5th gen to 9th gen)?
    Last edited by Egan101; February 17th, 2014 at 07:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    5th Gen was nice, I liked the looks and driving feel of the 6th Gen better. Both had sucktacular automatics. Best to get if you're going for a pre-millenium Accord is the VTi-L 6th Gen with the manual. Sporty feel, good looks, nice car.

7th Gen was a better car, lost some of that sporty spirit. V6 was a softie, but that 3.0 was very fond of burning rubber and peeling out. Handling was a decent balance between sport and comfort. 5-speed auto much better than the 4-speed.

8th Gen was ginormous. Incredibly so. So big that you couldn't cool down the cabin well with just the front air vents. Some of the plastics were thin but build quality was good. Issues are ultra-soft suspension, endemic understeer, and crowded center console (confusing buttons). Also, power feels strangely muted on that big 3.5 liter V6 compared to the previous car... but it's massively fast once the engine is wound up. On the plus side, it is a huge car with a big back seat and lots of presence.

9th Gen, I like as much as the 6th Gen VTi-L, or more. Feels like a proper sports sedan again, and the 6-speed auto is much better than the 5-speed in the 8th Gen. Interior better, space better, handling better, headlights are THE BOMB.

I even like the conservatively sporty styling. Personally, the 9th Gen Accord is the best V6 sedan in the class at the moment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I like it. Very nice. But I'm a sucker for turbo torque. Wish they had a turbo in this model.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have only driven the 6th gen (my daily ride) and the 7th gen (USDM only). I did ride a couple of times on the back of a 5th gen (USDM). The 8th gen is really big and is trying so much to be a Camry. The 6th gen feels more responsive and planted on the road. I agree with Niky on the 7th gen as it is a better car, more refined than the 6th gen and strikes a good balance between sportiness and comfort. I have to try to get my hands, on a test drive, on the 9th gen.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We had the 5th gen way back when it was still pretty new. Having ridden in the 5th to 8th gen Accord's I find the 5th gen to have the most comfortable seats, it'll shame the leather couch at home. We sold it early on since we were living in a flood prone area. I do remember that it seemed to always need alignment though. Obviously the 8th gen was the most spacious. First time I rode in one was as a cab in Taiwan. Backseat was more spacious than the W220 S Class our Taiwanese friend drove us in the previous day. The 6th gen seems to be the most balanced. Having a superior engine over the 5th gen and availability of a manual makes it the most fuel efficient and sportiest of the bunch. Design is also timeless. Despite being 15 years old, I don't find it old at all! I've only ever driven the 7th gen. Very nice car. Not very fuel efficient even in 2.4 trim, but very rewarding to drive. As niky said, 3.0 is immensely powerful and loves to make the tires screech. 0-100 comes in around 7 seconds and 200km/h is a trifle to reach.Handling is impeccable and steering gives excellent feedback. My biggest gripe with this model is the climate control system. The A/C itself is good, but Honda made the mistake of combining the HVAC controls with the audio system! It is by far the only Honda model to feature such kind of setup. This means head unit upgrades are a pain, and if either the head unit or the climate control fails, the other will also be affected, and it can turn out to be very expensive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    haven't driven the 9th. gen....

here are my thoughts, the 7th. gen is a keeper...its the first time
    you can feel the heft of the Accord in a good - solid kind of way.
    with its 2.4li and 5speed A/T you almost won't be needing the V6...

8th. gen was just too big for me...and i hated the road-noise... road
    many hours on it in China... similar noise problem with the FD Civic
    in CHN_DM trim, not sure with PHDM....

the other day in Honda Magallanes was oozing over the 9th. gen...like
    the 2LED headlamps..and other styling cue's..... the inline 4 should be
    a CVT right? only the V6 gets slushbox 6A/T? looking forward to comparing
    it with the 2014 Mazda 6 just test drove fm. Manila to Clark - Sctex and back....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast