New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM View Post
    haven't driven the 9th. gen....

here are my thoughts, the 7th. gen is a keeper...its the first time
    you can feel the heft of the Accord in a good - solid kind of way.
    with its 2.4li and 5speed A/T you almost won't be needing the V6...

8th. gen was just too big for me...and i hated the road-noise... road
    many hours on it in China... similar noise problem with the FD Civic
    in CHN_DM trim, not sure with PHDM....

the other day in Honda Magallanes was oozing over the 9th. gen...like
    the 2LED headlamps..and other styling cue's..... the inline 4 should be
    a CVT right? only the V6 gets slushbox 6A/T? looking forward to comparing
    it with the 2014 Mazda 6 just test drove fm. Manila to Clark - Sctex and back....

the inline 4 comes with 5AT. Was able to test drive it. Feels much lighter than the previous gen
    and power on the 2.4 was just right.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    the inline 4 comes with 5AT. Was able to test drive it. Feels much lighter than the previous gen
    and power on the 2.4 was just right.
    How were the paddle shifters? Were they responsive? Or is it better to just put it in Drive (D) mode rather than the Sport (S) mode? Did they allow you to drive a long stretch of road (like SLEX or Skyway)?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How were the paddle shifters? Were they responsive? Or is it better to just put it in Drive (D) mode rather than the Sport (S) mode? Did they allow you to drive a long stretch of road (like SLEX or Skyway)?
    Didn't really use the paddle shifters so much but from how I remember it, response was similar to the previous gen's and the Jazz' paddle shifters. Response is immediate but it's a nice add on feature. But most of the time I left it in Drive. Was able to drive it in city and highway conditions. Biggest change I noticed is how quiet it is inside and ride is more comfortable than the previous gen.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Guys can anyone confirm if the 400k discount last Dec at honda BGC is a regular year-end deal? E.g will it be available this december 2014 too? We're scouting for a midsized sedan this holiday and we think between mazda 6 and the accord, we'll let the price point decide. Thanks for anyone who can tip us.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    That was for the outgoing model that they were trying to dispose to make room for the new one

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks Raf!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12