New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Had a bad encounter earlier this morning, I might be new driving on the roads of Manila yet I never thought Id encounter arrogance and rudeness when you're not even doing anything. I was in the middle lane near the Fort almost around Serendra area when a UV Express Van came out of nowhere from my left side and wanted to turn right towards Pateros. I was taken aback by the arrogance of this driver since he's on the left side of the road turning right, well if you're turning right you should be at the right side and not disturbing people who are actually going straight. Instead of veering right, he was on the left side of the vehicle I was driving happily. Not happy I was in the middle lane cause I was going straight on to Serendra he started horning me, so i wound my window down and asked him what's his problem - he shouted at me and told me the road's too big for me to be driving that way and blocking his way. Well i asked him, are you turning right? Cause if you are why are you in the leftmost lane instead of the right side so you can turn properly? Afterwards, he just asked me why are you angry? P****g I** Mo! So I just shouted back PI as well, and drove of not to cause any traffic as the traffic light was already green. Anyone knows where to file a complaint against these drivers? Such crass attitude to other drivers minding their own business does not belong on the road!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Welcome to reality...Philippine style.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In cases like that (you being on the right side of the offending van), I would just reach out and fold-close the passenger side mirror and go straight ahead and leave the offending vehicle behind.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    barubal naman talaga magmaneho majority ng UV Express. mapasaang ruta pa yan. Kala mo kanila kalsada. laging nakacounterflow, nasa mali-maling lane pa kung kakaliwa o kakanan... at sila pa galit ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In cases like that (you being on the right side of the offending van), I would just reach out and fold-close the passenger side mirror and go straight ahead and leave the offending vehicle behind.
    I'll be more glad to break his side mirror than just folding it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    These shuttles will do almost anything just to get ahead. Pag napikon ako sa mga yan, I block them outright. Yung tipong wala sila magawa kung hindi huminto. Takot din bumaba mga yan sa kanilang sasakyan, hehehe. I would only give in because inaalala ko rin ang mga kawawang pasahero na sakay nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    I'll be more glad to break his side mirror than just folding it.
    true... same here. But if you do that, you are giving him sufficient reason to go after you.

Just by folding his mirror, you will:
    1. make him stop and fix it
    2. frustrate him by getting "one over" him.
    3. not give him enough reason to go bonkers (by physically damaging his van)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    useless to argue with them.. wag mo na babaan nang window..

ingat din kayo sa mga ganyan.. usually mga pulis yan suma sideline kaya malalakas ang loob..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    May I just add yung mga jeeps na nakaharang sa daan causing traffic to the cars behind you, tapos pag binusinahan mo ng matagal at deadma, yung mga pasahero pa magagalit sayo. Had experienced this earlier. Lolo na kasi driver at nakaharang sa gitna ng riles ng tren ng Blumentritt Avenida, yung nag-iisa nyang pasahero na jejemon aba makatingin kala mo papalag.

Sarap pagmumurahin ng mga gag* palibhasa di alam pakiramdam ng mga naiiconvenience ng sinasakyan nyang jeep. Mga inutil.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    May I just add yung mga jeeps na nakaharang sa daan causing traffic to the cars behind you, tapos pag binusinahan mo ng matagal at deadma, yung mga pasahero pa magagalit sayo. Had experienced this earlier. Lolo na kasi driver at nakaharang sa gitna ng riles ng tren ng Blumentritt Avenida, yung nag-iisa nyang pasahero na jejemon aba makatingin kala mo papalag.

Sarap pagmumurahin ng mga gag* palibhasa di alam pakiramdam ng mga naiiconvenience ng sinasakyan nyang jeep. Mga inutil.
    I used to feel the same way when I was commuting. I always murmur "Paliparin mo yang kotse mo! G#g*!" Specially pag trapik naman tapos busina ng busina. Now I'm behind the wheels, I probably get the same treatment from passengers...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Almost everyday, I encounter these unruly idiots. If it were not only for their passengers, i sometimes wished to see them smash head-on to a dump truck whenever they counterflow and cut off cars. As I mentioned on another thread, they also help each other and even travel in convoy with other GT vans from the same route.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
UV Express Vans plying The Fort Route