New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ agree with you bro... though i wouldn't put it the way you did. :-)

jeepneys might be a symbol of pinoy ingenuity BUT that was 50 years ago. now, that symbol turned into something very negative and backward. when everybody is concerned about saving the planet, ergo fuel efficiencies, clean emmissons, renewable energy, etc., our symbol is a prime offender that deserves condemnation from the earth advocates.

oh... motorized pedicab is no different from the above. --- not to mention, extremely dangerous to everyone on the streets.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I almost ran over one of these stupid things yesterday, the intersection was open and the light was green (not even close to yellow), so I normally proceeded not slowing down since I have the right of way. Out of the blue, one of these motorized gremlins ran across the intersection. I went for the brakes hard(weirdly no tire screeching; ABS+EBD) and swerved to avoid the idiot pedicabby and his passengers. After that I pulled over in front of a nearby 711 thinking I almost killed a bunch of people, my hands were still shaking. Then I went out to check if we traded paint, luckily there was none. I may have just missed them by a few inches... It's really infuriating to think that some people would risk the lives of others by being arrogant and reckless...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sm2by, where did this happen? that's why i am always extra cautious even if the light is green.. better to be safe than sorry.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    manila area nagkalat ang mga motorized pedicabs... its selling like hotcakes because its affordable like the motorcycles that also increased in number substantially... i think lto should take a look at these pedicabs because gradually they're becoming more of a tricycle than a pedicab (driven by a motor)

owners gradually modify their pedicabs by putting exhaust systems, suspension upgrades closely resembling that of a duly registered tricycle.
    these pedicabs should aslo be issued plate numbers soon.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Mahihirap thinking? I saw one scene during a rally for a minimum wage increase. Tinanong ng pulis yung isang rallyista:

Pulis: "Anong pinaglalaban nyo dito?"
    Rallyist: "Itaas po ang mga sahod!"
    Pulis: "Ano ba trabaho mo?"
    Rallyist: "Wala po."
    Pulis: "Anak ng tokwa, ipaglaban mo muna na magkaroon ka ng trabaho bago magtaas ng sahod!"

Toinks!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by grail80 View Post
    Mahihirap thinking? I saw one scene during a rally for a minimum wage increase. Tinanong ng pulis yung isang rallyista:

Pulis: "Anong pinaglalaban nyo dito?"
    Rallyist: "Itaas po ang mga sahod!"
    Pulis: "Ano ba trabaho mo?"
    Rallyist: "Wala po."
    Pulis: "Anak ng tokwa, ipaglaban mo muna na magkaroon ka ng trabaho bago magtaas ng sahod!"

Toinks!
    proactive mag isip...

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    AFAIK. these are illegal because these are not registered at LTO. marami nito sa Espana and maybe cost 20 pesos per trip. sayang lang pera mo sa ganito, eh kung nag jeep ka nalang?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    From what I noticed this is common at the City of Manila, they are so visible even on major streets...in front of City Hall, SM Manila, P. Burgos, Quiapo and Divisoria areas are so infested with these contraptions, they should be addressed by Mayor Lim but I don't think he will not do anything about this ( votes ) are more important than getting rid of them. National government like LTO should step in and confiscate these eyesores, political will is needed.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    they always like to counterflow on the streets....kahit de-motor or hindi.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I hate them (period)

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast