New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

My dad just came from China flying Cebu Pacific. I was the one who fetched him at the airport and the first sentence he told was: "I'll never fly Cebu Pacific ever again."

The story:

My dad, with 3 companions, had a piece of luggage each. Combined, the total luggage weight was over by around 5kg. Of course, the airline has strict rules regarding overweight luggages and charged my dad and his companions around Php1,000.00. In other airlines, 5kg luggage overweight for 4 passengers can sometimes be considered. It's understandable though if Cebu Pacific insisted to charge overweight. So they paid.

Estimated time of departure last night was 10:25PM and ETA here in Manila is 12:25AM. Then suddenly, the airline announced that the flight will be delayed by 40 minutes. My dad and his companions were in the airport for more than 4 hours already, and we, who will pick them up, waited longer at the airport's carpark. Bad trip of course.

The flight finally arrived in Manila around 1:32AM. Then, I received a call from my dad that they will take a longer time inside the airport because Cebu Pacific told them (and all the other passengers) that all their luggages were off-loaded. What the f**k?

My dad then asked why the luggages were off-loaded and the airline representative told them that the plane was too full and heavy so they off-loaded the luggages. This isn't reason enough. I worked for an airline before and there is no way the luggages of the passengers will be off-loaded not unless there is a very important cargo on-board. All the reps of Cebu Pacific were just saying bulls**t. We also heard that there were transit passengers bound for other destinations outside Manila. Super hassle!

Then, my dad, as well as the other passengers, were required to register their luggages (no. of pieces, type, etc.) and even required them to leave the keys for the locks. They said this is for Customs checking purposes. What if there's pilferage? We can never know.

So my dad asked again: "when will we get our luggages?" The rep said that the luggages will arrive in Manila Sunday midnight. What's worst, we need to get them by ourselves! Cebu Pacific does not want to deliver them. Customer service indeed.

My dad was really angry, as well as the other passengers. Then my dad inquired if they can have a refund for the overweight being charged back since the luggages were off-loaded and the rep said they can't. Tsk tsk tsk.

We went home around 3:30AM already. Imagine the time waisted and all the hassles that was brought by this arrogant and unreasonable airline.

Nakakabad-trip talaga Cebu Pacific. Never will we fly with them again.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sana di ganyan ang hk-mla route ng cebupac :nerves:

ilang kgs ba limit ng per passenger (economy class) sa cebupac?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    sana di ganyan ang hk-mla route ng cebupac :nerves:

ilang kgs ba limit ng per passenger (economy class) sa cebupac?
    20 or 23kgs i think

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    20kg too, just like other airlines.

I remember one time, me and my wife flew Cathay Pacific and we were both overweight by 20kg combined! But the check-in officer let us through without any charge.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    20kgs..naku dapat super konti lang ipack papunta hk para marami pwede ilagay pag pauwi na..

yung extra charge sa overweight depende ata yan sa check-in officer..dati may time na pinalampas lang ako, meron din pinabayad talaga ako..

dati ung nauna sakin sa check-in wala msyadong bagahe kaya pinalusot ako nung officer kasi parang nag offset lang sa unang nag check in..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    From what I heard Cebu Pacific used to be always on time, but that was before they dropped the prices of their fare, after they dropped the prices they just screwed everything.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Better than Air France. Yung isang kasama namin, papunta kami Rome, yung luggage niya pumuntang Istanbul. :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    naalala ko tuloy last year. papunta kami iloilo. may storm nuon so di kami maka land duon. ni divert ang flight papuntang cebu para mag land since zero visibility daw sa airport ng iloilo. sobrang ihing-ihi na anak ko so sinamahan ko papuntang cr. sabi nung stewardess "may seatbelt sign pa (walang po or sir). titilapon yang bata". nagulat ako sa term na titilapon. taga saan ba sya? worst is nandun pa kami naka upo sa my bandang wing. nasa tapat na kami ng pinto ng cr di pa kami pinagbigyan. hahahaha. saka when you say titilapon ano yun mag ro roll ang eroplano? pwede naman sabihing baka matumba. tama naman sya gawa ng seatbelt sign e on pa nga. nagulat lang ako sa term.

saka nagtataka ako bakit wala ng pagkain ngayon. nung pumunta ako cebu last september binebenta na nila. isang maliit na nagaraya is P50.00

ngayon mas ontime na daw ang pal. sabi rin ng travel agent namin mas mababa na yata ang pal kesa cebu pacific.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so benta na pala ng food sa plane mismo...pero pwede dala sarili food at small bottled water sa handcarry bag?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Di ba new pa lang ang CP sa international? Baka hindi pa sila sanay?

Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
Cebu Pacific - Bad, Bad Service