New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 91 of 498 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is this. Anyone but pedestrians on the pedestrian lane. Ok fine, there are a lot of corners without the proper markings, and that's fine. But here it's clearly painted out. Hate it when you're positioned right before it, then come the motorcycles who overtake you and halt on the ped lane. TSk tsk! Wish it were legal to mow them down.

Bro.IMm29,- let's run for Congress and author a bill on this.....

15.0K:smoke:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We'd surely not get elected Bro CVT. Hahaha! Unless we have a friend who'd get elected, and we could be his advisers ;)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Come drive by the intersection between Morayta and CM Recto Avenue on rush hour. It's worse. There'll be the urge to bowl over undisciplined students who cross en masse disregarding crossing lights. And they're supposed to be 'the' next generation? Heaven help us.

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    A pet peeve of mine is this. Anyone but pedestrians on the pedestrian lane. Ok fine, there are a lot of corners without the proper markings, and that's fine. But here it's clearly painted out. Hate it when you're positioned right before it, then come the motorcycles who overtake you and halt on the ped lane. TSk tsk! Wish it were legal to mow them down.
    In a similar viewpoint, moto-idiots who stop way off the line in an adjacent corner, almost blocking your lane (have to swerve to avoid) are extremely annoying as well. Yes, wish it was legal to mow them down as well.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Just a few minutes ago I encountered another driver who thinks he owns the road.

I was driving on the leftmost lane of the skyway when I encountered a slow-moving car in front of me. I checked my right side to see if it's clear, and since it was, I signalled I was going right then slowly turned right.

A split second later I noticed a black car on my right getting too near just a foot farther than the front of my vehicle and he was signalling he was going left. I quickly turned left a little just to prevent him hitting me.

I knew that what happened was that he didn't notice me changing lanes and he checked his left lane just a split second later than I did and since I was a foot ahead of him, maybe he didn't see me through his side view mirrror.

We all know that this happens a lot on a three-way lane: both the innermost and outermost sides going to the middle lane at the same time so I didn't react in any way.

He later turned into the middle lane again again and got behind me. Again, this was perfectly the normal thing to do.

I was surprised when he honked his horn at me for a long time... so, being the good tsikot member that I am, I went back to the leftmost lane to give way.

This is when he got to my nerves: he squeezed through the space ahead of me and stepped on his brakes! It was my turn to hit my horn at him after which he sped off, maybe thinking he got the better of me.

Ano yun?

So to the driver of the black mazda with plate number ZDT 218: mali yung ginawa mo. You were lucky I'm a very patient and forgiving driver. Kung minalas ka at asshole din yung nakabangga mo, kawawa naman yung wife mo na nasa passenger side... pati sya madadamay sa kalokohon mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wala siyang karapatang patabihin ka kung nasa middle lane ka... Unless may emergency siya.....

At anong circus act ang prenohan ka niya sa passing lane?

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Come drive by the intersection between Morayta and CM Recto Avenue on rush hour. It's worse. There'll be the urge to bowl over undisciplined students who cross en masse disregarding crossing lights. And they're supposed to be 'the' next generation? Heaven help us.

In a similar viewpoint, moto-idiots who stop way off the line in an adjacent corner, almost blocking your lane (have to swerve to avoid) are extremely annoying as well. Yes, wish it was legal to mow them down as well.
    We already have traffic rules and regulations for those:
    1. Blocking a crosswalk
    2. Blocking an intersection
    3. Jaywalking
    these are the violations I noticed on your stories. We don't need more violent bills for those (like mowing them down, hehehehe...) what we need is to educate our traffic enforcers to recognize these violations and enforce the necessary fines.

I remember one story I heard: a traffic enforcer accosted a car which stopped on a pedestrian lane because of a stop sign. When asked what the violation was (apparently the driver was a lawyer), the enforcer said "Stepping on the line!" which prompted the driver to say, "Ano to, patintero?!"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    1. Blocking a crosswalk
    3. Jaywalking
    these are the violations I noticed on your stories. We don't need more violent bills for those (like mowing them down, hehehehe...) what we need is to educate our traffic enforcers to recognize these violations and enforce the necessary fines.

I remember one story I heard: a traffic enforcer accosted a car which stopped on a pedestrian lane because of a stop sign. When asked what the violation was (apparently the driver was a lawyer), the enforcer said "Stepping on the line!" which prompted the driver to say, "Ano to, patintero?!"
    Aw shucks, Mate! You just took the fun out of it! Hahaha!

I'm not surprised that there's some traffic regulation not being correctly enforced. Sad, but then even the supposed enforcers are the number one violators of such when they're not in uniform -- though some are especially when they are in uniform.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Winner!!! :hysterical:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    1. Blocking a crosswalk
    3. Jaywalking

Mukhang lawyer-joke iyan, bro.?....

It would be interesting to know who won there?...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    One of the many that I hate the most are those na busina ng busina na parang bulag sa nagyayari sa traffic sa harap nila.

Kanina lang paliko ako ng Oranbo, Pasig, pero puno yung lane turning right so stop muna ako together with a few cars in front of me, bigla ba naman bumusina yung innova sa likod ko. Then after making the turn, along Oranbo, there was a vehicle in front of me who wanted to park on the other side of the street, pero merong harang sa parking slot so the driver got off the to move it para maka-park sya, so stop muna ako and wait hanggang makapark sya. Ito na naman idiot driver ng innova sa likod ko e nagbubusina na naman.

Sa bwisit ko e pagkapark ng car sa harap ko binagalan ko talaga para lalong maasar yung idiot.. busina na naman sya, syempre i just kep my slow pace hangang makaliko ng shaw blvd.

Nakakainis ang mga tangang driver talaga!

Bad motoring etiquette: What you hate the most.