Since its an incovenience I experienced this afternoon, I guess it deserves to be in this section.
I'll go straight to the point. I brought our just acquired Nissan Patrol to autotechnika. Being a second hand unit, I decided to have all fluids changed.
I called a day beforehand got in touch with a certain joven (service advisor) and told him that I wanted to try the transtech service as pointed out by torque2006. I arrived at 2pm. Here are my observations and complaints in outline form.
1. No receptionist / advisor on the lookout to meet me in front. I had to tell the guard pa to look for him
2. My mechanic was with me because we just finished the 4x4 conversion. The technician didn't even know where the oil filter was, or if it was an element type or not. My mechanic had to point it out to him pa. I thought people here are TESDA certified?
3. The technician failed to tell me that the copper gasket of the oil drain plug needed replacement because it was damaged already. After draining the oil, I had to ask the service supervisor pa what was causing the delay and it was only then that they told me that the copper bushing needed replacement. Almost 30 mins hintay ko. Wala sila replacement. My mechanic told me that teflon would do.
4. In fairness, the Transtech was good. They used 10 liters of USA 88 ATF to flush the AT. Works similar to a dialysis machine. You could see the gunk comoing out. However...
5. ...the 2 mechanics + 2 apprentices they were teaching were fooling around with each other and talking. No concentration at all to their work. KUng anu-ano pa kinukwento with each other. Turned me off. Had to clear my throat several times just to signify that I was getting irritated.
Because I was irritated already, I decided to forego with their free xx point checkup offer.
6. Service advisor doesn't even come back to ask me how was everything, if I wanted any more, etc. Not accomodating talaga.
7. Mas tinututukan pa nila yung BMW ng boss nila / owner ng autotechnika. There were other customers already pero parang yung mga technicians all swarm to him kaagad.
8. Tagal pa mag settle ng bill. I had to wait another 30 inutes.
All in all, for the transtech and change oil, it took them almost 3 hours. Transtech takes only 30 mins. Change oil I believe will only take around 30 mins if done by a competent and "attentive" technician.
I gave them a piece of my mind in their survey form.