New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Napansin ko dito sa Pinas, mas maraming babaeng aggresive mag drive and not defensive!
    Well, i think this is a thing with drivers in general, not necessarily more with women. You could be an aggresive driver if you have enough intuition on what's going to happen next. This would give you time to decide the best action beforehand. The closest we could get to that if you're not a psychic is to take calculated risks based on previous encounters (driving on instinct kasi super galing ka na talaga). Otherwise, go for the defensive way of driving. Based on the example given by LadyRider, the other driver was simply an inexperienced one. Kahit pa lalaki yun, the same thing din mangyayari. It may also tend to show that women are less-skilled but we must also consider the fact that women only got to learn the skill on a wider scale recently. I bet that very few of us had grandmas that could drive diba? In a few years... ang drayber, drayber na lang, wala na lalaki o babaeng drayber.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by herbolero View Post
    Not really because we are comparing the percentages. Even if you surf the web, you'll find that there is a significant trend with road safety and gender.
    I was reacting to your post which mentioned probabilities, not percentages. Peace.

But recent studies would show that men are more likely to be involved in a vehicular accident than women drivers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Women can multitask while driving, dyan ako bilib sa kanila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by herbolero View Post
    Is this also true for Filipina drivers? What do you think?
    Nope. About 2 years ago, I saw 2 accidents caused by women failing to stop properly at a 4-way stop. Same day, different times and I witnessed both; 9:30 am going to the mall and 1:30 pm to pick up some Chinese food.

Both were Pinays, both had California plates, both failed to stop completely, both t-boned a car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas prone kasi tayo to aggressive driving and road rage. maaangas kasi eh :evillaugh

the stats don't lie. women drivers are safer. feel free to look it up

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Camgen6 View Post
    Women can multitask while driving, dyan ako bilib sa kanila.
    Hah, sorry but talking on the phone with the right hand, putting mascara with the left, looking at the sunvisor mirror and driving with the knees is rather dangerous especially at rush hour commutes!

I'd so stay away from those...believe me. Everyday I see one here.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I've always regarded women who drive their own vehicles with awe and fascination, and with respect.

4101:victory:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    Napansin ko dito sa Pinas, mas maraming babaeng aggresive mag drive and not defensive!
    hehe di na man siguro mas marami pero marami na talagang aggresive female drivers. dami kong nakikitang private vehicles na parang taxi kung mag drive...cut ng cut tapos ang bilis magpatakbo then pag nakatabi mo sa traffic light babae pala. yun sister ko ganyan din mag drive kaya pag kasama ko sya, gusto ako nagdidrive kasi mas stressed ako pag nasa passenger seat nya
    when you look at the classifieds, there are ads noting that the car is "lady driven" i think this is because the most people still have the impression that lady drivers are more safe/careful...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I was reacting to your post which mentioned probabilities, not percentages. Peace.
    Sorry, my bad. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cult Zero View Post
    when you look at the classifieds, there are ads noting that the car is "lady driven" i think this is because the most people still have the impression that lady drivers are more safe/careful...
    Yes that's true, before, ads would always include the "lady driven" phrase whenever possible as if to convince a would be buyer that a car is well kept if a lady owns/drives it. But recently, i don't think that its that effective anymore because oftentimes it has a negative effect with the premise that women are not the best when it comes to car maintenance. (i stand corrected though)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Feeling ko nga medyo skewed yung data. But I'd rather have a good lady driver than a city bus driver any day!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Women Are Better With Safe Driving