New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    We always have a pre-conceived idea that women are less skilled in driving compared to men. But recent studies would show that men are more likely to be involved in a vehicular accident than women drivers. Well at least it is a known fact that men are more aware of how their car works, but modern women are not far behind and are starting to close in. With the SUV as the vehicle of choice of women today, more emphasis is given to power and utility. Is this also true for Filipina drivers? What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    My ex gf reads pocket books while driving beat that.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Err, there are more men than women drivers. Shouldn't it be only natural that the accident rate follow suit?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Err, there are more men than women drivers. Shouldn't it be only natural that the accident rate follow suit?
    he he he, you're right.
    now that my wife is driving, i can just simply relax on the passenger side.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well, my wife drives like a man. She hates to be compared to other women drivers. In fact, she's driving a Crosswind XUV a/t which is harder to drive than my Honda CRV kahit manual. Early on, I offered her that we switch rides, but she refused. Her pride got the better part of her. And we have a third vehicle, a honda civic 97 vti, but she still sticks to her crosswind. Medyo kaskasera nga siya and already figured in a number of minor accidents. Wala pa namang major.

But overall, she is a good driver. I can sit comfortably at the passenger seat while she drives.

On the note that women prefers SUVs, I think this is true with wifey. She is eyeing a Pajero to replace her crosswind by next year. Nainggit ata nung kumuha ako ng Strada. Ibenta na lang daw namin yung civic at crosswind namin. Pandagdag sa budget nya.

Women drivers had really gone a long way!

Pero meron pa rin akong nakikitang nakanguso at malapit yung katawan sa manibela habang nagda-drive at speed of 30-40 km/hr sa Edsa na walang traffic, hehehe. Peace!

Konti na lang siguro yung ganun (sabay kambyo, hehehe)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Not really because we are comparing the percentages. Even if you surf the web, you'll find that there is a significant trend with road safety and gender.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    i guess its true for the women WHO REALLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE.based on personal experience with my mother and other close women i know who drives.. they tend to not have a sense of speed..... my mum for example didnt notice she was driving at 120kph until my dad told her to take a look at her speedometer.. my mum thought it was only 80kph..... this was in australia.... my ex girlfrend in australia drove around a round about,, or rotonda at 60kph because she said that it was the legal speed limit.. have you tried that, goin around a rotonda at 60kph?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's because men have more testosterone, which at high levels, actually becomes relaxing. I don't recall where I read that, but that's mainly why men are aggressive drivers (and therefore, more "unsafe"). This increased risk also predisposes men to take more risks.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ako, I started driving at the age of 16. I guess if you don't experience being hit, hitting another car or hitting a pedestrian accidentally, hindi ka ganap na driver! (hehehehehe) Pero syempre kung maiiwasan, why not? Minsan nga ikaw na nag-iingat, ikaw pa ang nababangga!

Napansin ko dito sa Pinas, mas maraming babaeng aggresive mag drive and not defensive! Na experience ko yan nung binangga ako ng isang babaeng nagmamaneho sa Cavite way back. I was in the main road while she is coming from a subdivision. Diba ang may right of way ang mga sasakyan sa main road? Obviously, hindi nya alam ang rules sa driving. I asked her ilang taon na ba sya nagmamaneho then sabi nya wala pang isang taon. Sabi ko sa kanya mag aral sya ulit ng pagmamaneho at hindi nya alam ang road curtesy! Obvious naman mali nya kase nakalampas na ang nguso ng kotse ko at driver side ko ang nakupi ang 2 doors.

Haaaaay....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I almost hit another car 'woman driver'. she was crossing on a busy highway. I think she could not estimate the distance and speed of cars coming towards her. '3D blind' that's what I call to these people.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Women Are Better With Safe Driving