New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nabasa ko din sa inq7.net kanina, tangnang GMA yan di na tuloy ako makakabili ng subic trooper! so yung dating 500k maging 1M na, pesteng gobyerno yan. balak ko pa sana before the end of this year bumili. bwiset!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    nabasa ko din sa inq7.net kanina, tangnang GMA yan di na tuloy ako makakabili ng subic trooper! so yung dating 500k maging 1M na, pesteng gobyerno yan. balak ko pa sana before the end of this year bumili. bwiset!
    para lang yun sa mga parating na units... pero kung andito na... alam ko wala na ayang problema sa presyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e kaso syempre ipapasa ng locator yung 500k na tax sa buyer. hanap na lang siguro ng 2nd hand na local. anyway di pa naman aprub sa kumander ko, baka pag inaprub ng kumander ko yun eh di na uso suv ehehehe!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i know that returning residents from the US(coming back for good) is exempted for any appliances and furnitures(one of each kind) and 40% tax on the vehicle's market value. The vehicle must be paid off with valid pink slip and have been used for at least 6 months in the US before shipment to pinas and at least 6 months in pinas before selling it(if planning to).For accurate info, check with Phil. Customs or broker.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi ko alam yan ah. ganyan pala dapat...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    olrayt..thanks for the info...ive seen from the TFC kasi, especially balitang middle east, that the gov will give a chance for their expats to bring home their cars without paying big taxes aside from shipping costs only..kasi what i feel is, if you owned a car abroad, parang may sentimental value na sayo ang car, ayaw mo nang mawalay sayo...parang asawa ba? Why don't they give us an oppurtunity to send our vehicles without paying any big taxes way back home...sa tax eh para ka na ring bumili sa pinas...anyway, moneymaker naman tayo ng gov di ba>?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I was looking into this too. I wanted to import a car from Japan. This is what I got from my contact in Japan...

"Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Our sales team believe that under the Philippines regulations, you are not allowed to import the vehicle.

Please check Philippines regulations for importing vehicles and make sure that you are able to import the vehicle to the specifications you'd like."

Does anybody know if this applies to all vehicles or is it just applicable to certain types like high performance. I was looking to get an Integra Type R or a Nissan S15. I have seen these cars in Manila, so... does anybody know what the deal is???

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You know what, the best way to import a car is to know a high ranking official, put the car in their name to ship to the Philippines and then bribe them to sell you your car that you just paid for and transfer the title back into your name.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I have a buddy that was huge sa Customs pero he moved to Canada. I'm trying to see if he can help... he used to bring cars in pieces for high ranking officials. Land Cruisers, Pajeros, you name it.

Here's what I found out on one site

MOTOR VEHICLES

The importation of privately owned vehicles (POV's) to the Philippines is very restrictive. The process is long, requires a great deal of paperwork, and a special import permit is required. This permit is available only in the Philippines, and can not be issued by an embassy or consulate office
    CUSTOMER MUST BE PRESENT FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
    Only returning Filipino residents and foreign embassy diplomats are allowed to import motor vehicles "Duty Free"
    All motor vehicles must have an Import Authority Permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Import Service before the vehicle is shipped.
    Owner must have lived abroad for at least one year and car must have been registered in his name at least six months if the car is more than three years old, vehicles more than three years old should be registered under shippers name at least one year prior to application of the Import Permit
    Failure to comply with above will result in PENALTIES AND CONFISCATION of vehicle
    Auto must arrive within 60 days of customer's arrival
    Destination Agent must be contacted prior to shipping any vehicles
    All vehicles subject to taxes and duties
    Gasoline-fueled cars limited to 2,800 cc not over 1,500 kgs
    Right-hand driven vehicles not permitted
    Only one vehicle allowed per family
    Autos five years old or older not permitted
    Banned/unauthorized motor vehicles subject to seizure; owner subject to penalties
    Documents required:
    Original Registration and proof of ownership
    Import Permit from Department of Trade or Bureau of Import
    Surety Bond
    Original Bill of Sale
    Original Passport
    Certificate of arrival
    Stencils of chassis/engine number
    Deed of Sale or Commercial Invoice
    Other documents, depending on customer's immigration status

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    sabi saken...better off buying a car in pinas instead of bringing my car dyan. patay daw ako sa taxes. pero kung tama yung info ni ultimate, i might as well bring my boxster over there. buti yata tanong na lang directly sa phil customs. meron ba silang website? baka me info dun.

Vehicle Importation Procedures / Fees [Merged]