New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isn't van wilder engaged in this kind of business?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi spiff, if you are really interested PM me. My friend is importing cars for a living. He has a couple of used car shops here in metro manila and a used car warehouse inside subic. Pwde kita pakilala sa kanya and bahala na kayo magusap.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Does anybody roughly how much it would cost to import a brand new car to the Philippines? I've been searching the net and I couldnt find any recent info. Thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First off, welcome sa Tsikot kapatid.

This topic has been discussed a couple of times now. Here are the discussions, pumili ka na lang kung alin jan ang makakatulong sayo.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/searc...searchid=18125

Lastly, use the "SEARCH" function before starting a new thread. I know you're a new member so I'll let you slide this time.

sample: importing cars di ba?

type mo sa SEARCH BOX: importing+car

then lalabas na ang mga threads na napagusapan na ang importing cars.

goodluck.

Karding
    "Global Graveyard Shift Moderator"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by probpt
    Does anybody roughly how much it would cost to import a brand new car to the Philippines? I've been searching the net and I couldnt find any recent info. Thanks in advance
    I've already merged all Vehicle Importation topics. Just backread on the earlier posts.

===

kudos also to our graveshift moderator...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Thanks very much for the replies po

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jesi
    Exacto. They never the amount of tax. It is 100% of the value of the car [not more than five years old]. If older than five years old, max depreciation is 50%. So the least tax you will pay is 50% of how much the car cost when purcahsed new. It is not worth it, pwera na lang kung talagang luxury car...
    San po makikita yung tax table? I've been told that H1 and/or L1 visa holders are tax-exempt sa shipping ng sasakyan. H1s are skilled workers that can work temporarily with up to 6 years limit (can be more pero ibang topic na) in the US while L1s are sent by a local company to work in the US. Paki-confirm na lang din po....

TIA and this is a very informative thread.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Just want to drop by and ask if anybody knew about importing cars taxes and regulations. I've heard a while ago that the government is planning to give tax free for the cars owned by OFW once they planned to send their car to PI. How true is it? If its true, it's a good thing for most of us OFW whose having car abroad. Investment natin to so sayang naman kung hindi natin maiiuwi ng libre, once and for all, isa lang sa mga benefits natin ito pag nagkataon...
    Last edited by bhongskie; March 29th, 2005 at 03:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    new news about importing used vehichles:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=2645

Palace imposes surcharge on imported used vehicles

By NIEL V. MUGAS, The Manila Times Reporter

President Arroyo has signed an executive order imposing a P500,000 surcharge on used vehicles. The order was signed shortly before Congress resumed its regular session.

Elizabeth Lee, president of the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines Inc. (Campi), told reporters Wednesday that the new order would provide more protection to local auto assemblers.

Customs Commissioner Alberto Lina said the President made the announcement during a Philippine Economic Zone Authority event recently.

Both Lee and Lina, however, declined to elaborate on the provisions of the signed order.

The original Board of Investments proposal showed that the P500,000 surcharge should be paid for each used vehicle brought into the Philippines.

The surcharge would be on top of existing taxes, such as the 30 percent most favored nation (MFN) rate, the excise tax (2 percent to 60 percent depending on the sticker price), and the 10-percent value-added tax imposed on the landed cost.

The board cited other countries that have imposed similar measures against the entry of used vehicles.

In Australia, for example, a surcharge of A$12,000 ($9,342) is levied on all imported used vehicles for environmental reasons.

The Japanese government likewise requires buyers to pay a certain amount that would be used for the disposition of the vehicle once it reaches the end of its useful life.

Should the buyer, however, manage to dispose of it on his own, the amount would be returned.

In pushing for a similar measure, the BOI said imported used cars post serious environmental repercussions since they would end up as scrap in the near future.

The agency said there are no provisions under the law that would require importers of these used cars to manage the disposal of these products after their lifespan.

Besides environmental concerns, imported used vehicles dampen sales of local assemblers.

An earlier study made by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) showed that local assemblers lost 20,000 units in potential sales due to the surge in used imports.

Registration of new vehicles vis-à-vis that of used cars have been falling, according to data from the Land Transportation Office.

A ban has already been issued on secondhand vehicles under Executive Order 156 but the Court of Appeals nullified the directive, thereby allowing importers to continue their operations.

The Office of the Solicitor General has already filed a motion for reconsideration.

does this mean tataas ng around 500k yung mga subic units? wala na talaga bibili nung i that's the case

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ok yan column mo ha at hints,at least i have idea if i would bring my personal car there in the philippines.dapat noon pa ako naka-pag-uwi ng sasakyan kaya lang yung nangyari sa kasamahan ko eh parang ayoko nang mag-uwi ng sasakyan.kasi mas-mahal pa ang binayad niya sa custom at kung anu-ano pang miscellaneous fee sa tunay nang halaga ng unit.dami kasing matatabang buhaya sa atin at di na naawa sa tulad ko rin contract worker,kay iam salute to your tips and more power and helpful hints.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Vehicle Importation Procedures / Fees [Merged]