New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask kung marami bang disadvantages pag ang pinalit na gulong ay 1 inch thicker than the previous? So lalabas na 2 inch difference sa overall diameter ng gulong.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ang sabi.. stay 3% don sa stock.. eto sir compute mo dito kung within 3% yan...

Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

sample don sa akin.. ang stock ko eh 185x65x15 pinalitan ko nang 195x60x15 ang difference eh 1.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Tempter View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to ask kung marami bang disadvantages pag ang pinalit na gulong ay 1 inch thicker than the previous? So lalabas na 2 inch difference sa overall diameter ng gulong.

TIA

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi ulit,

Kung ganon, original plan kasi dapat hindi ganon kalaki, pero dahil sa recommendation nung manager which I trusted I went for the bigger tires at 8 ply ba tawag don? Newbie kasi ako. Then later saka ko nabasa na delikado pala pag pinalitan ng mas malaking gulong kala ko ok lang yun. At syempre tiwala din ako sa pinagbilhan ko kasi matagal na sila sa ganon at yun ang nirecommend nila sa klase ng auto ko.

Meron pa kaya akong habol dito? Ano kaya ang pede kong gawing aksyon at kung sa pede lumapit kung sakaling ideny ako ng pinagbilhan ko?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    is it possible you misunderstood?
    perhaps he was saying, you can increase your tire size to give you better vehicle control. but you have to manipulate your aspect ratio, such that the overall diameter does not significantly change. some people find the ride rougher, though.
    increasing your tire size per se, will throw off your speedometer and odometer readings. also, the new tires might rub against your wheel well or chassis.
    other than these, i don't think your safety will be compromised. in fact, increasing your ply rating to 8, brings it to the tougher light truck category.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For what car and what are the tire sizes involved? It depends also on that really. I tend to upsize my tires on some of our cars, and in some cars, the OEM size is really small.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Mga sirs,

Revo yung auto.

Ang tanong ko na lang is dapat ba akong magbase dun sa tire calculator? I mean does it really apply in real world scenario?

Bale yung nakakabit na gulong before is 205/65/15 at ang pinalit ay 195/80/15. In terms of handling, sayad factor no problem, concerned lang ako kasi sabi don sa warning ng tire calculator ay may possibility of brake failure. Mga 6% kasi ang difference. At napansin ko rin na nabawasan ang hatak which is I think normal, concerned lang ako dun sa brake/safety factor.

Thanks ulit for the replies. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless you're carrying heavy loads, that tire is over sized indeed and not really needed with the Revo. That size and ply rating is most likely the tire for the Hiace Grandia. This may also affect your fuel consumption drastically.

I would have probably upsized to a 215/65R15 or 195/70R15 at the most with that set-up.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Tinry ko nga sa Tire Calculator ung 195/70/15 mukang mas ok nga yon. Kaso ang mali ko lang siguro hindi muna ko nagresearch ng husto before biting the bullet. Ang nasa isip ko kasi talga same size yung kukunin ko, kaso nagtiwala ako dun sa recommendation ng manager which looks like he knows what he's saying.

Mukang wala na ko magagawang iba but to swallow this, unless gagastos nanaman ako for a set of new tires, haaaaayyy...

Or meron pa nga ba kong ibang maggawa?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can try talking to the shop to trade-in the tires for another set, of course dagdag pa rin.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Yun lang.

Salamat for the replies. Really appreciate it.

The only positive thing from this is a new lesson learned.

Tire 1 inch thickness difference, 2 inch overall diameter difference