New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    pray before you leave

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sa long drive ang kalaban antok at sakit ng katawan ... coffee candy / chicklet / water and a nice comfy car seat/cushion can't be beat. Never, ever get impatient.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Guys, thanks sa quick replies mukhang all set to go na ko. buti nabanggit nyo ung mga reminders para mahanda ko beforehand.

Since it's our first time, for most of the trip we'll plan to follow the bus route (i.e. sundan ang bus! hehe) para di maligaw. no need to rush, enjoy the scenery for us. And hopefully di sya ganon nakakapagod coz automatic naman ang transmission, and take a break every now and then.

Happy road trip to me and sa lahat ng mga babyahe pa..
    Hope nag-enjoy kayo sa mga noche buena nyo

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    *kerf, since first time mong long drive to bicol, i suggest you go on a day trip, mas safe at kita mo yung mga signs going to bicol sa left side ng daan. kaka biyahe ko lang nung monday from manila to bicol, okay naman pero medyo dumami yung sirang daan sa andaya, although inaayos naman. pagpasok pa lang eh mga 500m na yung super lubak hehehe pero overall, okay naman na... have a safe trip... merry christmas!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    sa mga uuwi ng bicol, request lang po, paki post yung road condition ng Quirino-Andaya Hiway
    parang mas pumangit ngayon yung andaya hi-way compared to last year (april) na uwi ko. pero much better pa din kesa dumaan ka sa daet na longer route...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Maagang matulog. Huwag puyatin katawan --for the driver.

Check condition --tires, fluids, etc. Bring along your tools ---for the vehicle.

Enthusiasm for the trip --for the passengers.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    - flashlight and spare batteries
    - coffee in a spill-proof coffee mug (yung thermos cup)
    - some candy, like fox's or kopiko. helps keep you awake
    - rags, and soap for cleaning your hands in case you need to change a flat tyre. i always keep a pair of gloves in my toolbox also, keeps the hands from getting dirty and iwas paltos.
    - toilet paper! and immodium na din hehehe!
    - your first aid kit - band aid, alcohol, cotton, gauze, at ano na nga ba name nung nasa green plastic bottle pang-linis ng wounds?

and last but not least...
    - permit to carry, and check that velcro under the seat to keep your gun holster in place

Ooopppsss.... expecting nice people around the curb?...

7202:bruce_lee:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm also planning to drive from Manila to Legapsi. Pero ang balak ko ay mag-stay halfday and overnight in between. Drive 4 - 7 hours, stay overnight, drive again the following morning and vice versa.

Please suggest two places (in going to and coming from) for our stopovers.

Btw, I'm driving a Kia Carens with 3 to 5 pax.

:eat:[SIZE="1"]3962[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Stopover in Lucena or Naga. Depends on what time you leave Manila.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Stopover in Lucena or Naga. Depends on what time you leave Manila.
    What if 6:00 AM? Coming from Novaliches.

[SIZE="1"]3963
    [/SIZE]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Preparation for long drive to bicol