New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    For a CRDi, say you'll not be using it for 5 months, is it still necessary to "idle" and warm-up the engine every week? Or is it better to just leave it alone?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    mods, pls. delete my first post. thanks.
    Last edited by KBR; February 4th, 2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: double post.. pls. delete.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    For a CRDi, say you'll not be using it for 5 months, is it still necessary to "idle" and warm-up the engine every week? Or is it better to just leave it alone?

hey man, it would be better if you try to at least start the car once a week, or even once every two weeks. that way, you wont let the Battery drain. or if you dont have time to start the car every two weeks, then just disconnect the Battery.

also, by the time your going to start using the car, try to prime the engine first. let the engine crank for a few seconds, before the initial start-up.

aite, peace.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    once a week paandarin ma gas man or diesel. kasi ma drain battery mo nyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    at least once a week warm up your engine to avoid stuck up. well oiled engine internals last longer than engines that are used seldom.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Itakbo mo iyan bro.,,,,, magkakaroon ng epekto sa gulong kung nakaparada lang iyan for 5 months.....

5303:burp:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    I had a problem after I did not use my car(gas, mazda3) for two weeks. Battery died good thing I had the mazda emergency assistance ek ek. One phone call and somebody came and jumpstarted my car.

The other problem I had experienced(although this was several years ago with a lancer), after a week of not being used, the car vibrated considerably when I started it for the first time. after a few minutes, it went back to normal.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KBR View Post
    hey man, it would be better if you try to at least start the car once a week, or even once every two weeks. that way, you wont let the Battery drain. or if you dont have time to start the car every two weeks, then just disconnect the Battery.

also, by the time your going to start using the car, try to prime the engine first. let the engine crank for a few seconds, before the initial start-up.

aite, peace.
    Ok, pero sabi sa kabilang thread masama daw ang cold idling sa makina. Saka kung papaandarin lang ng mga 5 minuto tapos patay agad (i.e. every week), wala pa sa proper operating temp yung makina kaya masama din.

Mas maganda nga siguro kung idiskonekta na lang yung baterya. After 5 months, may charge pa kaya yung baterya nuon? Also, how do you "crank" the engine for a few seconds before starting?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    1 week pa lang drained na ang baterya? Hindi kaya mahina na talaga yun? Am not sure about the idling pero I'd suggest you also up the tire pressure of your tires para huwag ma oblong -- going to the recommended pressure of the TIRE rather than the CAR.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ok, pero sabi sa kabilang thread masama daw ang cold idling sa makina. Saka kung papaandarin lang ng mga 5 minuto tapos patay agad (i.e. every week), wala pa sa proper operating temp yung makina kaya masama din.

Mas maganda nga siguro kung idiskonekta na lang yung baterya. After 5 months, may charge pa kaya yung baterya nuon? Also, how do you "crank" the engine for a few seconds before starting?
    well, hindi naman talaga masama mag idle ng at least 5-10 mins. pag mga 30 mins to 1 hr, oo masama. pero I doubt that even 10-15 mins of ilding would affect the engine severly. (imagine nalang pag stuck ka sa traffic ng at least 10-15 mins, diba?) ang mas masama sa makina ay yung yung itatakbo mo ka-agad ang oto right after na ini-start mo.

also, to crank the engine w/out completely starting it up, all you have to do is to disconnect the EFI fuse *specially on EFI gasoline engines* or the Fuel Pump fuse (or relay) *either on EFI engines or Diesel engines*. and pag old skool carb engine, i-disconnect lang Ignition Coil wire sa Dist. Cap.

aite, peace.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Not using your car for a long period of time