New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    jtdc, it can't be food. I don't think that mosquitoes are attracted to food. And I don't think it's a hole in which they enter, either. My mother-in-law's got a new Revo that's parked in the same garage. She also gets bothered by mosquitoes in the morning. There must be a better explanation.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe you bring it into the car when you enter hehehe! antay ka nila mag-open ng door tapos "sugod mga kapatid!" serious ako ha! baka maraming lamok dun sa parking mo tapos the car door is left open long enough for them to enter.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing I could think of, baka may drainage hole malapit or sa ilalim ng parahadan nyo. Better cover it then observe if mosquitoes are still present.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Will try to apply what you have said. If you don't hear from me again in this thread, that means that I still have the same problem.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Goto to this site....and u will get some info's how to deal with your Pest...

http://chppm-www.apgea.army.mil/ento...#_Toc500135403

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron similar problem yung kakilala ko...almost brandnew na sasakyan (frontier) ... after a thorough search yung problem nya was the "air vent" ng body ng sasakyan...meron itong plastic grille pero very big. The solution... nilagayan namin ng mosquito screen yung vent...so air can still get in or out but the mosquito can't.

As for the other pest, it is most likely madumi na ang carpet mo with all those food for them (specially ants) a complete detailing ng interior would be good solution. I would suggest removing the carpet and dashboard para malinis ng husto at makita ang mga butas na pedeng daanan ng mga insekto.

Of course kasabay na nito ang prevention....keep your garage clean and tidy para walang pamahayan or maging breeding ground ng lamok or the otehr insects.

Kung garden garage...try planting the citronella plant (para itong damo - aka lemon grass) or the neem tree (leaves nito ay pahaba about 3-4 inches at makitid about 1/2 inch)....meron natural scent ito that the mosquitoes don't like. Sa ants....no food around lang ang solution and water their ant hills/holes regularly para lumipat.

If none of this works.....try kulambo sa oto mo.

hth.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, try plants. punta ka lang sa tabang in bulacan (dulo ng old nlex) dami dun nagbebenta mura pa. just ask yung plant na pang-repel ng mosquito. effective meron kami around ng house ng ermats ko, wala lamok sa kanila. so kung tabi ng garden yung garage, lagay ka lang ng 2 pots dun ok na di na lalapit ang lamok.

or try yung baygon electric mosquito repellant. mahal lang nga.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    wildthing, saan 'yung air vent ng frontier ng kaibigan mo? Where should I start looking for these air vents in the car?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its located at the rear of the cab tabi ng gas tank opening. Meron plastic grille dun. Then this opening have a partner sa loob...metal grille. You can see this if the back rest of the rear seats of the pick-up are down.

He removed this cover and place screen.

Sa oto, this vent or opening might be located sa trunk or under the dash board.

hth.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Before I had problem with mosquito, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, i just swat them as they pass by me. Then minsan din, pag may pumasok may mga langaw na sumasabay, and those langaw didn't come from in my garage. Eto bad trip one morning, pagpasok ko sa car ready to go to office, may mga sapot sa loob ng car sa may harapan, which only means may spider/s sa loob ng car. Wala naman akong nakikita. So what I did, in the evening, I sprayed Baygon (water based) Halos naubos ko 'yong isang can na maliit. Then closed the door.
    Following morning, nag-vaccum ako sa loob ng car. After that di na ako nagkaproblema ulit ng mga insect sa loob ng car. As to the odor of baygon, nawala na rin after two days, dinamihan ko na lang car freshener ko para at least madilute 'yong strong smell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Mosquitoes in the Car