New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    mga bossing, marahil heto na ang pinaka newbie na question? meron na po bang spare tire ang new car.. hehehe.. dagdag ko na rin.. kasama na ba mga tools like jack, etc. thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    short answer: yes.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yep. Standard equipment.... along with the engine. ;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Yep. Standard equipment.... along with the engine. ;)
    hahaha.. thanks po sa inyo.. si misis kasi ang nakikipagusap sa dealer.. newbie din..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Not all cars, yung BMW 320 namin wala.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    hmmm.. i guess if you can buy bmw that means you can afford to have spare tire easily ;)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Moderators Note:
    Moved thread to apppropriate forum.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    libre din ang jack......

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    That's odd (BMW post). All come with spare tire (jack and standard tools). Meron pa ngang trunk-mounted tool box ang mga BMW units. If there may be some distinction sa kind of spare tire, others (usually CBU units) come with DONUT TIRES while locally assembled in either alloy wheel or steel rims but in full-sized tire.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    BMWs now come with run-flat tires. No spare. You can tell if your BMW has run-flats... they ride like **** compared to regular tires... though on newer models with run-flats, the ride is not as bad, anymore. It was worst on the first 1-series cars and X3s with run-flats, though the run-flats on the 320i I tried last would still shake the fillings out of your teeth when you went over cobbles.

MINIs overseas come with run-flats. The local ones, at least the non-Cooper S variants come with regular tires with a spare. I was told the Cooper S's exhaust interferes with the mounting point for the spare, which is why they couldn't fit one. But instead of run-flats, they give you the regular Bridgestones and a can of fix-a-flat, much like Mazda does with the MX-5. This saves both the customer and the dealer from the additional cost and hassle of having run-flats.

If you really need to know, you can ask. But most non-luxury cars come with spare tires. Most of them now use donut tires to save space, but these are safe to use, even for distances of 100 kilometers, as long as you keep your speeds low (under 80 km/h).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
may spare tire na ba ang new car?