New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    tanong ko lang po kung maire-recommend nyong gawing garage service ang foton view? balak ko po sanang ibyahe ng angono/binangonan-megamall.
    kasi 2.8 CRDI na ang makina at 15 seaters pa.

maraming salamat in advace.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, I'd like to try out the ambulance variant.

As per their sales rep, the engine is of an old Isuzu design (from the Fuego?) which means easy to service and abundant parts. The rest of the van is copied from the Toyota Hiace.

But with China cars, parts you don't expect to fail sometimes do like the weather stripping, rust starts early, etc.

If the car is not for profit, I think its worth the gamble. But if you will use it for livelihood, maybe the Urvan is better.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002

As per their sales rep, the engine is of an old Isuzu design (from the Fuego?) which means easy to service and abundant parts. The rest of the van is copied from the Toyota Hiace.

But with China cars, parts you don't expect to fail sometimes do like the weather stripping, rust starts early, etc.

If the car is not for profit, I think its worth the gamble. But if you will use it for livelihood, maybe the Urvan is better.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

IMO hindi malayong gawing amubulanced ito ng gov't since mura ang foton kaya nga dami nang binibiling pick-up na ganito ang gov't.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    IMO hindi malayong gawing amubulanced ito ng gov't since mura ang foton kaya nga dami nang binibiling pick-up na ganito ang gov't.
    Kumuha ng maraming units ang PCSO last year ng Ambulance variant ng Foton View..Ang engine naman nyan ay yung sa lumang Hiace Commuter(yung 2.4 Liter diesel engine).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kumuha ng maraming units ang PCSO last year ng Ambulance variant ng Foton View..Ang engine naman nyan ay yung sa lumang Hiace Commuter(yung 2.4 Liter diesel engine).
    ha? the view's engine is a 2.8 liter CRDI diesel and not a 2.4 liter naturally aspirated diesel engine of the old Hi-ace.

well, you can gamble with one, but better to buy a better van than the view.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    seen a foton view ambulance at fort bonifacio gen hospital... the body is just a facelifted old hiace, it has a longer wheel base, the dash is an exact replica of the old hiace. didn't have the chance to look at the engine.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Foton's small engines are mostly Isuzu-derived... as per their marketing literature.

I drove the View... didn't like it. Tippy handling, very slow steering, the bushings in the shifter and the clutch actuation feel spectacularly bad and there's no ABS and a worrying amount of rear bias to the brakes (work out what that means... ). Probably not any worse than the L300 (except a new L300 has better shift action), but I'd buy neither.

We've got one of the PCSO View Ambulances. As soon as it's registered, first thing I'm doing is ordering a new, hopefully safer set of tires for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    pano po ba gumawa ng bagong thread? sorry newbie here, TiA

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSilor View Post
    pano po ba gumawa ng bagong thread? sorry newbie here, TiA
    Sir at the beginning of isang talk may naklagay na icon sa taas na + post new thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
foton view