New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by loidch View Post
    i felt the clutch pedal is a bit to hard for me to depress and i did not see a transfer case shift lever on the 4x4 model. and there aren't any foton models to be found
    Yes, the clutch pedal is rather on the heavy side. As for the 4x4 controls, they're push button controls in front of the shift lever.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    The biggest attraction here is the Cummins ISF Engine. The 2.8L ISF produces 160hp and 265 lb/ft of torque. Cummins engines are easily tweaked without much modification to get at least 25% more HP and torque. I have worked on ISB's, 4BT's and ISM's and know the control systems pretty well.

If the transmission and diffs hold up this promises to be a great truck. I am going to wait for the 4x4 version personally. If the 4x4 were out today I would buy one immediately. Finally a locally available pickup truck with a decent engine.

Check out the engine specs from Cummins. http://cumminsengines.com/assets/pdf/4951315.pdf

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hindi kaya galing sa Dongfeng Cummins Engine yan? pag dyan galing ang makina lagot na wala pang dalawang taon change engine ka na sa dami ng problema

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post

PS. I'm not a salesman.
    I'm just interested in this pick-up truck inspired by its 878K php price tag of the 4x2 manual variant.

hehe... ako din yun price... pero sa 4x4 manual ako ... at yun engine

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Hindi kaya galing sa Dongfeng Cummins Engine yan? pag dyan galing ang makina lagot na wala pang dalawang taon change engine ka na sa dami ng problema
    Gumagawa ba ng cummins engine ang Dongfeng?

In the link sa previous page ito ay gawa ng BFCEC (Beijing Foton Cummins Engine Corporation). May video clip sa link page about this company.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Yes, the clutch pedal is rather on the heavy side. As for the 4x4 controls, they're push button controls in front of the shift lever.
    Umaandar ba ang makina ng idepress ang clutch pedal. As per bronchure the clutch feature "vacuum clutch booster". Matigas nga pag patay ang makina.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Meron sir thread under chinese car about this Foton Thunder. He, he.. same here I'm very much interested with these pick-up truck because of its engine & power train. (it says the tranny is from cadillac??) & most of all the price tag. No where you can find from other brand a pick up with as much power & torque with lower than 900K php tag price.

If ever, I will be your first client for the additional power tweak

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hehehe nakita ko nga kanina eto sa MIAS ok naman kasi sa price nya medyu worth na rin cguro hehehe hilux yung side view nya at harap mukhang Strada sana naman may review neto para makapagdecide na hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    hehehe nakita ko nga kanina eto sa MIAS ok naman kasi sa price nya medyu worth na rin cguro hehehe hilux yung side view nya at harap mukhang Strada sana naman may review neto para makapagdecide na hehehe
    Unless meron tsikoteer na bumili at mag post ng review doon pa lang natin malalaman.
    Wish ko sana ireview ito nina Niky. Paging sir Niky...please...

video:
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 1st, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ganda pala tung New Foton Thunder worth na rin sa Price nya

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Foton thunder pick-up