New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    WOW! kung ang price talaga nito eh between 900000 to 1000000 pesos (4x4) ... then this is worth a second look.

Kasi sa size lang... parang kasing size na nun bagong Ford Ranger...

Based sa specs sa papers... OK din engine, tranny, etc...

Sana nga totoo.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    I think this truck is about a copy of Toyota Tundra (my guess). Tumagal ako dito sa ka-inspection. Pati ilalim tiningnan ko.

At 878K the 4x2 manual, yes bang for the back I should say.
    Any comment sa built quality? sa interiors? sa ride height?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Next year lalabas to sa local market and its called Foton Tunland:

Eto na ba talaga ang itsura nya??? wala kasi ako sa Manila... kung nan dyan lang ako... nag punta na din sana ako sa MIAS.

Nag aantay din ako ng cheap 4x4 na pang harabas kasi.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Eto na ba talaga ang itsura nya??? wala kasi ako sa Manila... kung nan dyan lang ako... nag punta na din sana ako sa MIAS.

Nag aantay din ako ng cheap 4x4 na pang harabas kasi.

Tulas sir sa posted quote from australian web site sa back page. Mas malaki lang ang gulong ng 4x4. Yung riding height ay mataas, good visibility. Ang exterior fit ok din, it looks good. Sa loob ok naman siya pero syempre less compared to the new ford ranger.
    Last edited by weisshorn; March 31st, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    110 kW (148 hp) at 3600 rpm, with peak torque of 360 Nm (266 lb ft) at 1800 rpm. Life to overhaul is expected to be 500,000 km. (quoted from SinoDiesel.com)

impressive numbers indeed. i can personally vouch for the reliability and durability of the cummins, but still has reservations on the ladder chasis and the front suspension.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Looking at the pics, mukhang Hi-Lux based nga itong pick-up ng Foton. Side and rear pics remind me of the Hi-Lux.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by loidch View Post
    110 kW (148 hp) at 3600 rpm, with peak torque of 360 Nm (266 lb ft) at 1800 rpm. Life to overhaul is expected to be 500,000 km. (quoted from SinoDiesel.com)

impressive numbers indeed. i can personally vouch for the reliability and durability of the cummins, but still has reservations on the ladder chasis and the front suspension.
    according to the bronchure and global foton website this cummins ISF2.8L CRDi engine is rated at 120kW.Front suspension is double wishbone and leaf spring in the rear. I visually check the ladder frame (including the welds) a.nd it looks ok to me, not much different from that of toyota & mistsubishi
    Last edited by weisshorn; March 31st, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=weisshorn;1901400]according to the bronchure and global foton website this cummins ISF2.8L CRDi engine is rated at 120kW.Front suspension is double wishbone and leaf spring in the rear. I visually check the ladder frame (including the welds) a.nd it looks ok to me, not much different from that of toyota & mistsubishi[/QUOTE

then its sticker price is a steal. the cummins engine is quite reputable for truckers, since its a newly developed engine i hope the lineage of its big brothers (million milers) runs thru its veins errr oil galleys. 500,000 kms before an overhaul is impressive, if it really is, the body would have corroded into bits and pieces before the engine has to be pulled down.
    btw my last engine pull down was a TD25 at 240,000 kms.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Here are some additonal info from FOTON Global Site: Tunland L | Foton Global Website

Info regarding cummins engine:Cummins Engines - On-Highway - Light Commercial Vehicle - ISF2.8

PS. I'm not a salesman.
    I'm just interested in this pick-up truck inspired by its 878K php price tag of the 4x2 manual variant.
    Last edited by weisshorn; April 1st, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i felt the clutch pedal is a bit to hard for me to depress and i did not see a transfer case shift lever on the 4x4 model. and there aren't any foton models to be found

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Foton thunder pick-up