New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    [SIZE=1]disclaimer : i have no plans in purchasing one.
    [SIZE=2]
    I've been seeing a lot around lately. MPX, View, Blizzard.

And upon reading reviews these quite do well. Blizzard ( 2.8L 4JB1 Isuzu engine. CRDi )

The View ( 15-seater ) & the Blizzard ( pick-up 4x4 ) only sell for 800k++ while the MPX AFAIK is priced at 1-1.1M
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]
    And apparently, the view is being used as an ambulance by PCSO. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Are these cars reliable enough ? And can be considered as one of the first few China-made cars who are being trusted already by few filipinos ?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The MMDA is a huge customer of Foton... They buy the Blizzard pick-up...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The PCSO - Foton ambulance fleet deal happened during GMA administration..

I wonder if if that kind of deal will be allowed by the present aministration...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    magaling dumiskarte sa gobyerno ang distributor ng Foton hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hmm parang foton na din yung pinamimigay ni Willy R sa show nya diba..

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    [SIZE=1]disclaimer : i have no plans in purchasing one.
    [SIZE=2]
    I've been seeing a lot around lately. MPX, View, Blizzard.

And upon reading reviews these quite do well. Blizzard ( 2.8L 4JB1 Isuzu engine. CRDi )

The View ( 15-seater ) & the Blizzard ( pick-up 4x4 ) only sell for 800k++ while the MPX AFAIK is priced at 1-1.1M
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]
    And apparently, the view is being used as an ambulance by PCSO. [/SIZE][/SIZE]

Are these cars reliable enough ? And can be considered as one of the first few China-made cars who are being trusted already by few filipinos ?

kung maalala mo before bro....nagkaron ng promotion ang Foton parang trade up something scheme....ang narinig ko dun is sobrang taas daw ng pagkaka appraise dun sa mga auto nung mga owners na nakipag trade in...some are up to the point daw na parang direct buyer yung appraisal price but I'm not sure about its validity nakwento lang kasi sakin hehe....so madami siguro kumagat dun....sana lang hinde sila nagsisi-si ngayun....
    Last edited by locoroco777; January 20th, 2011 at 02:59 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hmm parang foton na din yung pinamimigay ni Willy R sa show nya diba..

Yup. Foton View. 15-seater. 888k as per research.

Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    kung maalala mo before bro....nagkaron ng promotion ang Foton parang trade up something scheme....ang narinig ko dun is sobrang taas daw ng pagkaka appraise dun sa mga auto nung mga owners na nakipag trade in...some are up to the point daw na parang direct buyer yung appraisal price but I'm not sure about its validity nakwento lang kasi sakin hehe....so madami siguro kumagat dun....sana lang hinde sila nagsisi-si ngayun....
    External appearance, Foton's aren't that bad. Projector headlamps paired with a big set of headlights. A big grille probably to have a better ventilation ... with a touch of chrome. Interior bits seem okay too, wooden trims, tall backrests for the rear chairs. And for the Foton blizzard, the center console looks like it was from a Ford ( long aircon vents )

According to autoindustriya's review on the Blizzard, the pull seems okay. The power is adequate and is worth the money. However, downside is the idling's kinda bad for a CRDi ... more like of it's powered by an old-school diesel engine.

And atleast, the MPX looks better than the Stavic ...

Here's an excerpt taken off from C!'s review of Foton's ...

It is hard to ignore the Foton Blizzard especially PhP860,000 for this 4x4 variant.
    But aside from the price point, and when the road gets rough and the load gets heavy, the Foton Blizzard is a reliable beast of burden.
    This MPX has a pair of captain seats that replace the standard bench of the second row. These are fully adjustable and rotate to allow a face-to-face, conference style arrangement. Even with all the seats facing forward, leg room is generous. The rear seat is still a bench and will comfortably sit up to four people. As a top-of-the-line model, all the seats are covered in leather.
    Driving the MPX on the highway is where I felt the power from the CRDi turbo diesel engine most. Overtaking was easy; and I hit 130 km/h, even filled with passengers, with no problems. The engine is still on the noisy side; similar to older diesels. I also had to put a little effort in shifting as the stick didn’t slide smoothly into gear. The ABS brakes at times felt inconsistent. Sometimes I’d step on the brakes with little effort, and at other times need to stomp a little harder. The ride however, was very smooth and stable. Even when I suffered a flat on the driver side front tire I hardly noticed any change in the stability.
    Keep in mind however that it's still made by China. And unless I don't hear lots of positive reviews about their cars, if I had the money ... I won't still be considering one. On the other hand, if they have successfully met the standards of the " filipino's " then these cars isn't a bad alternative after all.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for now, China brand vehicles pwede na pang company service

pang personal not yet

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    for now, China brand vehicles pwede na pang company service

pang personal not yet

remember the fleet of qq's ? yung sa coke ?

coca-cola initially ordered 500 units, but they canceled half.

kasi yung first 250 that was delivered to them had different sorts of problem on the first few months of ownership.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sponsor ng Willing Willie ang Foton..Nagpapamigay sila ng Foton View na 15 seater van(based sa LWB na Hiace).Marami-rami narin akong nakikitang Foton MPX sa roads lately so may mga bumibili talaga nyan.

Aircon nya ay Sanden AFAIK..May plans ang local distributor nito na gumawa ng local assembly plant sa Subic by next year or so.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Foton, anyone ?