New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As long as the mileage is low and the condition is good, a Centennial is a better buy. They're cheaper because they're older (around 350k), and they have more bling badging.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    To ghosthunter : no, not really. I heard it's a nice car. I want the best out of my money!
    Thanks guys, helped a lot.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... best for your money...

Well, 400k will get you a Honda SiR with low mileage on the odometer, but it's extremely hard to find one for sale, nowadays, that hasn't been molested... este... modified beyond all reason. The SiR isn't quite as fully loaded as the RS, but you get a lot of zing for your pesos.

Also consider, at this price range, old Civic 2.0s. Lots of zip, the convenience of an automatic, decently nice body kits and interior amenities. Only downside is it's much thirstier than either the Lynx or the SiR.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I finally got my car! Ford Lynx RS. It's not really fresh in and out, but still I love it! thanks niky!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mreezy View Post
    I finally got my car! Ford Lynx RS. It's not really fresh in and out, but still I love it! thanks niky!
    Condolences... este... congrats! Hehehe...

Join us at http://forum.fordclubph.com and join the RS registry. ;)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    What is the usual FC of Lynx RS? City Driving. I'm choosing between Lancer MX 2005 a/t or Lynx RS m/t. I heard that Lynx RS is hitting around 8-9 km/l. Need your inputs! thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hi

I'm planning to buy a second hand 2005 ford lynx rs. I took it for a test drive and found that its acceleration isnt that facinating since its a 2.0L double over head cam.At first gear it doesnt torque like a 2.0 torques. Is there a problem with the engine? or is it really like this?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You could try asking the Ford guys at:

http://www.fordclubph.com/v3/home.php

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dude24 View Post
    hi

I'm planning to buy a second hand 2005 ford lynx rs. I took it for a test drive and found that its acceleration isnt that facinating since its a 2.0L double over head cam.At first gear it doesnt torque like a 2.0 torques. Is there a problem with the engine? or is it really like this?
    I use to own a Lynx RS and the engine of that baby sure is torquey and can pull really fast.

Probably, the unit you tested has a slipping clutch or something.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I use to own a Lynx RS and the engine of that baby sure is torquey and can pull really fast.

Probably, the unit you tested has a slipping clutch or something.
    Agree. The RS is so torquey that you can feel the torque steer on the steering wheel.

BTW, we have a Lynx RS registry at the Fordclub.ph forum. So far we have already tracked 38 owners of the 220 units released in the country. Do sign in.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Ford Lynx RS [MERGED THREADS]