New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Hi Everyone!

Let me open this thread to share an interesting video explaining Ford's DCT shuddering issue. I bought a Ford Focus MK3 2 months ago and I'm interested to know how Ford's 2014 models DCT drives after all these DCT issues posted in the internet. Is it really fixed?

I have not had the chance to drive my car yet cause I live and work abroad and still waiting for vacation. Very Excited to :drive1: !

Anyway, here's the video of Ford's DCT shuddering issue explained.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lY33LoLgqA]2011+ Ford Fiesta & 2012+ Focus Clutch Shudder Explained - YouTube[/ame]

Please share your thoughts, experience (good or bad) and interesting suggestions about Ford's DCT.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its the reliability rather than the shuddering that is my main concern with the Ford DCT. I know several people (me included) who had their DCT breakdown on them in the middle of the road and has to had their cars towed.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    several people (me included) who had their DCT breakdown on them in the middle of the road and has to had their cars towed.
    Wow. Can you please share your car model and year? And can you elaborate what happened? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its a 2011 Fiesta Sport.

Its a long story so I am kinda lazy to recount it all over again. Just head over at FCP (Ford Club Philippines) and look at my post over there and just read through the pages. You need to be registered to view though...

FORD CLUB PHILIPPINES ? Login

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Its a 2011 Fiesta Sport.

Its a long story so I am kinda lazy to recount it all over again. Just head over at FCP (Ford Club Philippines) and look at my post over there and just read through the pages. You need to be registered to view though...

FORD CLUB PHILIPPINES ? Login

Thanks for sharing Tidus! I read your post and cant imagine how bad your experience was. Tsk tsk.

I just hope this doesn't happen to me or to anyone else. I still have high hopes with DCT cause there are still many who were satisfied on their Ford cars with Dual Clutch.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Additional info. DCT clutch replacement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVJnNPbjjjs]2011+ Ford Fiesta & 2012+ Focus Shudder- Clutch Replacement - YouTube[/ame]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    contemplating on buying the A/T ecosport after reading the fiesta thread in FCP....

Anyone who owns ecosport A/T here that has similar problem? Please share....

I hope they already fixed the issue....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We are also planning to buy the Fiesta Ecoboost. When I did my test drive, I didn't experience the shuddering in crawling traffic. However, this thread helps a lot in explaining the matter. Our 2nd option is the Focus Trend HB.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I got the Trend Hatchback 2 months ago but haven't really driven it yet. My brother's feedback, who's breaking in the car for me, is that it runs smooth, quiet and fast compared to our Innova D4D (well of course it is!). Nakakapanibago daw dahil sobrang tahimik sa loob kumpara sa innova. At maganda daw yung tunog pag umaarangkada. Also, he hasn't experienced shuddering nor jerking yet. And odo is at around 700 KM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Regz_ph26 - please post your first-hand reviews as soon as you have driven the Focus Trend HB. We were also considering the Focus Trend HB as my wife really like the looks of the Focus HB. However, I felt that its 1.6L engine (even though decent by its standards) is a bit underpowered on paper. The Focus is about 1300kg and almost near to our old 6th gen Accord in weight.
    Last edited by Egan101; July 14th, 2014 at 05:36 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast