New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hello,

Aside from the Transmission shift problem and the Cracking Windshield are there any other known issues with the Fiesta? There is no consolidated Fiesta Issues thread yet so I thought I'd ask...

Transmission: Learning mode or needed ECU Upgrade warranty covered
    Automatic Transmission, Blubbering - Ford Fiesta Forum

Cracked Windshield (Philippines): Caused by Sharp item warranty covered
    http://tsikot.com/forums/ford-cars-t...dshield-80922/

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Eto Sir, coming from "Daming Problema" thread

FORD CLUB PHILIPPINES • Login

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    saka meron din nun kumakatok sa pang ilalim ng Fiesta pag nadadaan ka sa medyo malubak na kalsada... eto yun inayawan ko sa kanya eh... masyadong maingay... pero sa pantay na kalsada wala namang tunog.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *cktlcmd
    Is this with all Fiestas? Have you had it checked?

Outside of the CASA is there a place that can repair or service the Dual Clutch system? I'm just thinking about after the warranty period, how much and where would we bring transmission issues. Im assuming that bringing it to the CASA would be very pricey indeed.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    *cktlcmd

Outside of the CASA is there a place that can repair or service the Dual Clutch system? I'm just thinking about after the warranty period, how much and where would we bring transmission issues. Im assuming that bringing it to the CASA would be very pricey indeed.
    One of the reasons I opted for the MT. Less things to go wrong.

The Dual Clutch system is basically a manual clutch being controlled by a computer.

Traditional automatic transmissions are basically "dumb" devices that shift up or down based on certain conditions.

The advantage of being computer controlled, performance improves once new software is loaded into the computer. For example, in coming models, one can give his teenage son a special key that the computer detects. Since the computer controls everything, the teenage son cannot go beyond say for example 60KPH.

Traditional transmission have none of these.

With these in view, this system should be simpler mechanically but more complex on the computer side. Now being simpler, those Ford experts in traditional automatic transmissions should find it easier to fix it mechanically.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    interesting view... hopefully in 5 years dual clutch becomes as easy to bring to the neighborhood talyer as a normal automatic. Even on the internet i have not seen any stories of repairing the fiesta transmission, they all just say it was replaced.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LoBudget View Post
    *cktlcmd
    I don't know if all Fiesta cars have it... I remember reading about others complaining about the same sound coming from underneath the car... which in my perception, the sound is coming from the back part of the car. I did asked and had it checked during the time I still own my Fiesta from Ford Global... they said all is fine... but the sound whenever I drove over uneven roads still persisted... time came I had to move to CDO due to work... I like my Fiesta, but it won't survive the travel from CDO to Bukidnon back and forth most of the time... so I had to sell it and got my self a 4x4 instead.

My advise for new Fiesta Buyers... test drive the car and listen to the back part as you go over uneven paved roads... you will notice the sound I am referring to immediately, otherwise, the NVH is excellent on even paved roads.

Last edited by cktlcmd; January 28th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Guys are these problems still persist sa 2012 models?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You might have to check the ford or fiesta groups for more updated info. No one is really adding anything here. However if we do finally get one this week i'll update here.

Based on the test drive i did last year i dint really notice the fidgety shifting that they were talking about but it could just have been something i was not looking out for. As far as the cracked windshield, i dont believe any changes were made to the fiesta to prevent it so probably still a chance.

Something to look out for is the rusting nut which holds the wiper mechanism. I can still see the them in the showroom fiestas and the ones i see in the parking lots. I think it was vivafoxpro that posted in the hacking thread about it. You can see it in the through the vents near the passenger side wiper arm, an exposed nut that is in a place where water accumulates.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Nvh of fofi is excellent but fuel consumption is another story

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Issues