New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    If the DCT did not have issues, would you say it is a big advantage over a single clutch?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    It shifts faster than a regular automatic that's for sure... I did not notice any improvement in fuel economy naman compared to standard automatics and manual...

*Ry_Tower

Kakatakot naman yan. 4X na pinalitan? Pag ako sa kakilala mo matagal ko na binenta yan. Sakit lang yan sa ulo, 4X within the warranty period is insane. Smells like a lemon hehe...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If it shift faster than a regular automatic, would it be an advantage in your everyday driving? Or it is suited more for racing?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Curious, how bad is the DCT issue that people are experiencing?

I recently test drove the Fiesta Ecoboost and I tried simulating stop-and-go traffic. I didn't experience any jerkiness.

I also don't recall any experience of jerkiness with my friend's 1.6 Sport in the few times that I drove it before.

I had my Fiesta Ecoboost for a week already but I have not experienced any bad jerking in low crawling traffic. I do feel the shifting from 1st to 2nd gear but no shakes or jerks. It's fun to drive in Skyway or SLEX as it can easily get up to speed. The torque at low speed is very much appreciated.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    A good read explaining DCT issues.

Dual-clutch transmissions: dry clutch on the way out?

Basically, GetRag is phasing out dry clutch transmissions and heat is the enemy of dry clutch DCTs.
    Currently Fiesta and Focus has dry clutch. Dry clutch can't soak up heat from stop and go traffic, with clutches rubbing against each other + small engine bays with less air circulating, hence they fail. Wet Clutch has heat tolerance built in thanks to the oil bath.
    Another thing with Dry clutch, it can't tolerate heat generated w/ clutches rubbing against each other for a long time. ie Big SUVs with small engines, accelerating.

According to Getrag CTO Didier Lexa in an interview with DrivelineNEWS.com, these small engines and dry clutch gearboxes are often coupled with relatively heavy vehicles. When a small engine accelerates a large mass, the gearbox needs a longer synchronising time, which generates more heat. And even when installed in small vehicles, the thermal constraints on these small cars (which have smaller engine bays) are even greater than on C-segment or D-segment cars.

So keep in mind, when using cars with these transmissions, wag ma-stuck in stop and go traffic most of the time. Pedal to the metal maybe twice a month at SLEX.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    So keep in mind, when using cars with these transmissions, wag ma-stuck in stop and go traffic most of the time. Pedal to the metal maybe twice a month at SLEX.
    How exactly do you do that if your daily route is QC-EDSA-Makati for example?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Just curious. How do you exactly know if you have dry or wet dct?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Just curious. How do you exactly know if you have dry or wet dct?

The manufacturer will tell you. No way to know from the outside...

The Fiesta, Focus MK3 and Ecosport are all DRY CLUTCH

The MK2 Focus TDCi is wet clutch.

8. Join Date
    May 2006

TRUE!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Smart *ss answer:

Mag bus ka. Iwan mo Focus/Fiesta/Ecosport mo sa bahay.

Peace.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

I would not mind bringing a car to the highway for some spirited driving once in a while. Just flooring it on the straights and making sure it can get up to triple digits with no problems. For folks like us from the southern part of the metro, it's good that SLEX/Skyway is part of our daily route but we just have to bear with the daily toll cost.

Ford Fiesta Issues