New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Panu malalaman if may TCM problem ka na? or yun shaft thingy ba yun? baka maexpire na warranty ko hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Wow sikat na sikat na yung TCM issue ah pati ako na mention dito hehe...

But yeah medyo marami na rin minalas sa TCM na Fiesta...
    Or pwede rin gayahin ka nila Sir Tidus. Nagsawa sa Fiesta issues, palitan ng Lexus. Haha!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d3athmast3r View Post
    Panu malalaman if may TCM problem ka na? or yun shaft thingy ba yun? baka maexpire na warranty ko hahaha.
    Nope its not that shifts. You would know you have a TCM issue when you get a CEL (Check Engine Light and possibly the Transmission Error light as well) and then the transmission does not have a DRIVE even though its in D. Engine is working but there is no transfer of power from engine to transmission. In other words, your Ford is FOUND ON ROAD DEAD at kailangan mo na mag pa tow cause it ain't going nowhere until you replace the TCM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Nope its not that shifts. You would know you have a TCM issue when you get a CEL (Check Engine Light and possibly the Transmission Error light as well) and then the transmission does not have a DRIVE even though its in D. Engine is working but there is no transfer of power from engine to transmission. In other words, your Ford is FOUND ON ROAD DEAD at kailangan mo na mag pa tow cause it ain't going nowhere until you replace the TCM.
    Are 2014 fiestas affected by this problem also?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Curious, how bad is the DCT issue that people are experiencing?

I recently test drove the Fiesta Ecoboost and I tried simulating stop-and-go traffic. I didn't experience any jerkiness.

I also don't recall any experience of jerkiness with my friend's 1.6 Sport in the few times that I drove it before.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vic2rp View Post
    Are 2014 fiestas affected by this problem also?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    I would not rule it out since the transmission never changed anyway from the facelift. Its still the same old 6 speed Getrag dry clutch...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Even I have the money ( luckily I don't ), I won't buy an AT fiesta. MT Honda Jazz anyone?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Curious, how bad is the DCT issue that people are experiencing?

I recently test drove the Fiesta Ecoboost and I tried simulating stop-and-go traffic. I didn't experience any jerkiness.

I also don't recall any experience of jerkiness with my friend's 1.6 Sport in the few times that I drove it before.

Yung isang kakilala ko, 2011 FF niya, 4 times nang may pinalitan na piyesa sa DCT niya. Worry niya tapos na warranty, hindi inabot nnag lemon law. Siya na gagastos next time.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    If the DCT did not have issues, would you say it is a big advantage over a single clutch?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    thats what the dct should but currently its the opposite...

Ford Fiesta Issues