New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I still have to try SeaOil Extreme97, Shell VPN+ Racing, and Petron Blaze100 on my Fiesta Ecoboost. I would like to know how much more punch this little-engine-that-could will deliver with higher octane fuel.

No planned mods yet for me but I'm looking for a shop in the south metro that sells those cut-to-fit mesh-type rubber mats. The freebie mats/carpets are a bit soft and not sturdy enough. I read a lot of those stiff rings in FCP but I am not sure what improvement it will add to my Fiesta. I do find the suspension of the Fiesta Ecoboost to be stiff but it's to my liking. Yes, better pedals will also be something to consider. The stock tires do offer good grip but as soon as it's ready to be replaced, I am thinking of getting wider 17" rims & grippier tires.
    Yeah those freebie mats wont last long ... I have those cut-to-fit rubber mats from Ace/Handyman/True Value on top of the freebie mat ... nothing fancy but does the job very well. I forgot the brand but just ask them what fits on the Fiesta. The WeatherTech deep dish 3D mat are nice but pricey ...

I have stiff rings on my manual Sentra B14 which resulted to a more planted stance, smoother engine note and more settled front suspension but not sure if I want a different feel from the Fiesta since I like it as it is.

Also considering 17" wheel upgrade ... but most likely next year pa para medyo nasulit na tires.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    Yeah that's pretty bad. When I use my 1.6 a/t going around the metro and some out of town trips cost me around 7k of gas on a busy month.

Baka nga may sira since all experiences ng naka eco boost dito maganda f/c.

I think it's the right move to give up the car since meron pa naman pala alternative. Medyo madugo nga naman kung aabot 15k on gas alone with those routes.
    Exactly my thoughts sir archie kaya I want to surrender the car na lang kase mostly dito ang gaganda ng FC eh tapos improving pa.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I still have to try SeaOil Extreme97, Shell VPN+ Racing, and Petron Blaze100 on my Fiesta Ecoboost. I would like to know how much more punch this little-engine-that-could will deliver with higher octane fuel.

No planned mods yet for me but I'm looking for a shop in the south metro that sells those cut-to-fit mesh-type rubber mats. The freebie mats/carpets are a bit soft and not sturdy enough. I read a lot of those stiff rings in FCP but I am not sure what improvement it will add to my Fiesta. I do find the suspension of the Fiesta Ecoboost to be stiff but it's to my liking. Yes, better pedals will also be something to consider. The stock tires do offer good grip but as soon as it's ready to be replaced, I am thinking of getting wider 17" rims & grippier tires.

Sir you might want to use this type of mat for your Fiesta, we have these available. just PM me for pricing.
    fiesta-deepdish-5-500php.jpg

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I think the fiesta ecoboost idles at a higher rpm (1300ish?) and also shifts at a higher rpm during the first 1000kms or so, to hasten the breakin process so mas malakas talaga sa gas pag bago. I think ganyan din yung sa akin during the first month or so, around 8-9km/L before it gradually improved after the first 1000kms PMS.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Louie ... found more affordable ST-type sideskirts yet? hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhyperion View Post
    Louie ... found more affordable ST-type sideskirts yet? hehe
    not yet sir eh, the price won't budge, haha.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If thay will be the case I should've opted for the 1.5 or more engine variants

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Sir egan 18,080 ang monthly ko. Sa Ford Libis ako kumuha kase sila nagbigay saken ng low down eh. Sa PBCOM po ang bank approval.
    Sa Ford Libis ko rin nakuha Fiesta Ecoboost ko. It was thru another bank (BDO) but still a low DP scheme. Not as low as your DP but my monthly ammortization is lower just a bit. Ford Libis nga may best offer around Metro Manila. Sabi nila mas maganda pa offer sa Ford Cainta pero mas malayo pa yun.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhyperion View Post
    I think the fiesta ecoboost idles at a higher rpm (1300ish?) and also shifts at a higher rpm during the first 1000kms or so, to hasten the breakin process so mas malakas talaga sa gas pag bago. I think ganyan din yung sa akin during the first month or so, around 8-9km/L before it gradually improved after the first 1000kms PMS.
    Before 1000km, I did notice my idle around just past 1k rpm (1100-1200rpm) but well below 1500rpm. My FC was around 7.5 km/L back then. Right now, it idles around 1k rpm but not lower. They say most 3-cylinder engines do idle at higher rpm compared to 4-bangers (usually around 700-800rpm). The weekday traffic just punishes the fuel efficiency of the Fiesta Ecoboost (doing 8 km/L now) but on light traffic, it is very good. The Fiesta Ecoboost really loves the highways and expressways. You can make the most out of its fuel efficiency and also its ability to scoot fast.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *carwhacko - with the 4700 you spent on fuel, how far have you traveled already? Have you went past 1000km? Assuming you did, 90L for 1000km is still good (11 km/L). Kung mga 500km pa lang, that's really bad (5.5 km/L).

*Louie - anong type ng material nung mats mo?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Ford Fiesta Eco boost 2014 dito tayo....