New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga parekoy.... Kamusta ang Fiesta Eco boost ninyo? Wala bang issue?.... Problema? Dami kasing variant ang Fiesta kaya sa mga eco boost dito na lang tyo balitaan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Two months already with my Fiesta Ecoboost and doing very good so far.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Two months already with my Fiesta Ecoboost and doing very good so far.
    Ano mileage nakukuha mo per liter?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Ano mileage nakukuha mo per liter?
    Sa hanep ng traffic sa Sucat at Makati CBD at BGC-Taguig area (7am at 7pm), nakakakuha lang ako ng mga 8 km/L. Normal route ko (1 way) covers mga 2 hours travel time, mostly slow moving traffic pero 10-15 minutes lang sa SLEX or Skyway. However, pansin ko na FC is improving the more I use the car.

Nababawi yung efficiency nya sa highway sa kupad ng daloy ng traffic Metro Manila. Kung pure highway tapos cruising ka lang ng mga 70-80 kmh, kaya yung 5L per 100km. Dinala ko sa Pampanga thru bad EDSA traffic tapos averaging 100 kmh sa NLEX-SCTEX, I ran 160 km with only a quarter of the fuel tank consumed. At 100 kmh, efficiency will around 15-16 km per liter.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ayos

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ayun, nagkaroon din ng dedicated thread for the Fiesta Ecoboost. Thanks Egan for sharing your experience.

BTW, yung transmission issue ng ibang A/T Fiesta variants, meron din ba sa Ecoboost version? Sabi sa reviews, lessened daw because of the turbo. Pero habang tumatagal ba, mas nababawasan pa ba yung issue?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Below is my post in FCP regarding my experience with the Fiesta's DCT.

"No experience in jerking during crawling traffic with my Fiesta Ecoboost. Driving a DCT is bit different though compared to driving a traditional AT. Knowing the right amount of pressure to apply to the gas pedal will deal with different conditions. It's true that you can hear faintly the gears engaging/disengaging in a low crawl but once it gets past 3rd gear, the car is really smooth. I always put the lever to N on a dead stop as it has been my usual habit. However, I did observe with the DCT on my Fiesta that the gears disengage on a dead stop. When you start to put pressure on the gas pedal, you can hear the gears changing, specially on the 1st to 2nd. Putting too much pressure will give you a quick sensation of the gears snapping to 2nd. It would have been better if there was a bit longer transition period. Also, you can't be too eager with the gas pedal on a Fiesta Ecoboost in slow traffic or you will approach the vehicle in front of you faster than you can apply the brakes. :lol: Keep that heavy and eager right foot on the highway or long straights and you'll be rewarded hitting triple-digit speeds easily. :twisted:"

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Almost 1 month ko lang nahawakan ang Fiesta EcoB ko... dahil pinasakay na agad ako ng barko..may mga issue na akong nababasa kaya lang mga ibat ibang variant ng Fiesta.... sa loob ng one month na yan na-obserbahan ko yung jerking...kapag slow moving dahil need kong mag slow down thwn accelerate ng kaunti... dyan ko nararamdaman yung jerking para bang gumagamit ka ng manual transmission... dati akala ko siguro dahil sa dual transmission yon kaya ganoon... pero sa dati kong sasakyan na dual trans din hindi naman nag-jjerk... Tapos... yung walang safety Belt alarm... kahit hindi ka naglagay ng safety belt walang beep... kahit ilaw na na hindi nakalagay ang safety belt wala... pero kpag nag-start naman ng engine...umiilaw then nawawala. pang 3 napapansin ko yung burglar alarm wala... nag-test ako... half open ang window then naka-lock ang door.. tapos open ko ang door sa loob... dapat mag-alarm 0 busina... pero wala. Last... yung body paint... parang sobrang sensetive... ang daling magkaroon ng scratch...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    My Fiesta Ecoboost is 6 months old ... odo at 4700kms, and FC at around 10km/L on almost 98% city driving with occassional SLEX/Skyway and Cavitex runs. There is little effort done to be efficient except when there is no choice like in heavy & slow traffic, otherwise I am usually overtaking everybody as soon as the traffic light turns green - its always fun to see everybody disappear into the rear view mirror especially those pesky jeepneys and taxis (Accent crdi taxis especially!)

I have bad news for those who want to get a Fiesta Ecoboost for hypermiling and miserly light footed driving though - it will take iron will and discipline to drive this baby economically because its a quick and willing little thing. No its not really a quick car but it is still quicker than most cars out there and it will keep pulling strongly until its speed governor kicks in (196kph). Moreover, it has a very surefooted composure (for a subcompact) at high speed such that it gives you confidence to drive fast. 100kph feels like a slow and serene 60kph ... you get the idea. On top of that ... it actually behaves better when driven fast and aggressively. It is more grumbly, laggy and hesitant when driven too slowly and conservatively.

I have no issue with DCT. Yes its not smooth in slow traffic (or parking lot speed), especially just after a cold start, and it will never be as smooth as torque converters because of the mechanical nature of dry clutches, but for me that is a good thing because I don't like the isolated and disconnected nature of torque converters (and CVT). Yes it jerked maybe 2 or 3 times (in 6 months remember) but is very well behaved otherwise. Yes there is shift shock ... but its not as bad as reviewers make out of it. It is not an idiot proof transmission and require thinking, practice and skill to maximize but overall it is a more satisfying and more enjoyable transmission once you get the hang of it. Now as for the dreaded TCM failure thing ... only time will tell if Ford has solved it by this time.

As for minor complaints ...

Wala pa rin plaka after 6 mos! ... but maybe our inept LTO is to blame.

It may look like a little car but its turning circle is like a bigger car's and although it is short ... its not really as narrow as it looks (narrow top, wide tracks) so its not really as easy to park into tight spots as I expected. The similarly sized Mazda 2 or Honda Jazz are easier to park into tight spaces ...

There are now some rattles in the dashboard and door panels, especially in the steering wheel that pop out every now and then on really rough roads. Another minor annoyance is that the wipers do not seem to be very rigid and can wiggle resulting to uneven wiping ... ironically this happens after I clean the windshield, and the wipers seem to do a better job when I just leave it as is (i.e. slightly dirty). Same with the power windows - they tend to be squeaky when thoroughly clean (perhaps glass cleaner residue) and are more silent when slightly dirty.

Yes, also the paint is more easily scratched compared to jap cars even when treated with lavish care ... the tow hook cover can easily get loose and get lost so I already mighty bonded mine. The wheels are hard to clean ... too many spokes.

Overall I am very happy with my Fiesta Ecoboost and will happily recommend it to driving enthusiasts on a budget.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks, coolhyperion, for a detailed account of your experience with the Fiesta EcoBoost. It's really a car that likes to be driven fast and revved high.

If you're conservative with your rpm's and don't have the urge to drive a car fast, you might as well get something less capable as you will not enjoy the full capability of this car.
    Last edited by Egan101; September 28th, 2014 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta Eco boost 2014 dito tayo....