New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vivafoxpro View Post
    Today I did more investigations re:

Tow hook cover - Mine is a 1.4 MT Trend sedan and the cover is on the front bumper. I tried to pry it open but there was some resistance. I did not go further concluding that it won't fall off by itself.

Wheel caps - they do bulge out unlike my Honda City where they are flush with the surface of the rims. I tried prying them off with my swiss knife but same with the tow hook cover, enough resistance to show they won't fall off.

Forcible removal can never be totally prevented.
    sa wheel hub caps, sa loob ang pag-alis nyan bro, di sa labas...isang tulak lang ng ulo ng screw driver, maaalis na....

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Let's take a look at the tail lights:

Balbon ang pagkakagawa nito. Aside from the large gap between the tail lights and the body. Very obvious yung putol ng body metal. Wala man lang masilya. Cut seems to be manually done and not via machine,

Initially I was worried that the gap would allow water into the bulbs but water would not enter the bulb housing but just drain down further.

Electrical pathways seem to be "yero" and not copper. Low quality again. The bulb holders are simple "clip on" or snap on instead of being screwed on.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Nothing to "seal" the bulbs into the housing to prevent moisture from entering the housing. We have humid weather here and I do not yet have a "quick fix". This part requires more thought and more time to get a proper remedy. You will also see the small notch where the bulb holder snaps into.

On the body side, the connector has good copper contacts. This tells me the supplier of the Fiesta's wiring is of a higher caliber than the tail light supplier.

Plastic nut where a metal one could have just been as good. Metal shortage?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    To take a look at the rear fog light, you need to remove the boot lining as shown in our user manual.

Here are the pictures and my comments:

Unlike the tail lights, the fog light bulb has its own holder that "locks" into the housing.

Front view shows the lens of the rear fog light and a "blank" lens with no bulb. It looks like it should but no, there is no bulb there.

Inside view. You can see the "blank" portion. The way it is molded, I can see it was designed to have one but I guess more cost cutting.

It is hard for me to accept that they left out large portions of the housing with holes where dust and moisture would surely permeate.

The red housing, (I do not know about the clear lens) is of LOW quality plastic. Parang plastic ng mga cheap toys from china you get from the bangketa.

Took another shot so you can visualize. I inserted the bulb to illustrate.

My solution: Balutan yan ng aluminum tape! It will be barely visible from the outside and will prevent dust and minimize moisture.

Aluminum is better compared to say duct tape because it keeps it shape after you press and shape it. Duct tape usually "relaxes" and goes bach to a flat shape.

If you plan to go the way of the aluminum tape. Do it with the plastic spacer attached so you can avoid the aluminum tape being in the way.

How do i know low quality yung spacer? I managed to crack it while installing the the other one (back-up light). I made an error of having the aluminum tape in the way of the spacer, so when I tightened - crack!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir viva

na try mo na ba tanggalin yung rear bumper ? kapag na try mo na tangalin paturo dito step by step paanu tangalin yun takip ng tow ambilis pala matangal nun check niyo sa iniyo baka natanggal na sa byahe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    sa wheel hub caps, sa loob ang pag-alis nyan bro, di sa labas...isang tulak lang ng ulo ng screw driver, maaalis na....
    Ang naririnig ko kasi mahina klase daw. Tinignan ko kung mahuhulog sya mag-isa. Mukhang di naman. Kahit sa Honda ko kung itutulak mo mula sa loob ng rim tanggal din. In what way are the hub covers weak?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stync View Post
    sir viva

na try mo na ba tanggalin yung rear bumper ? kapag na try mo na tangalin paturo dito step by step paanu tangalin yun takip ng tow ambilis pala matangal nun check niyo sa iniyo baka natanggal na sa byahe
    Sedan ang akin sir. Ang intindi ko tow hook namin sa front bumper using an extra bolt that you will attach. can you post a picture of yours? Hatch sa yo di ba?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Nothing to "seal" the bulbs into the housing to prevent moisture from entering the housing. We have humid weather here and I do not yet have a "quick fix". This part requires more thought and more time to get a proper remedy. You will also see the small notch where the bulb holder snaps into.

On the body side, the connector has good copper contacts. This tells me the supplier of the Fiesta's wiring is of a higher caliber than the tail light supplier.

Plastic nut where a metal one could have just been as good. Metal shortage?
    You can try silicone sealant to seal small gaps.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    To take a look at the rear fog light, you need to remove the boot lining as shown in our user manual.

Here are the pictures and my comments:

Unlike the tail lights, the fog light bulb has its own holder that "locks" into the housing.

Front view shows the lens of the rear fog light and a "blank" lens with no bulb. It looks like it should but no, there is no bulb there.

Inside view. You can see the "blank" portion. The way it is molded, I can see it was designed to have one but I guess more cost cutting.

It is hard for me to accept that they left out large portions of the housing with holes where dust and moisture would surely permeate.

The red housing, (I do not know about the clear lens) is of LOW quality plastic. Parang plastic ng mga cheap toys from china you get from the bangketa.

Took another shot so you can visualize. I inserted the bulb to illustrate.

My solution: Balutan yan ng aluminum tape! It will be barely visible from the outside and will prevent dust and minimize moisture.

Aluminum is better compared to say duct tape because it keeps it shape after you press and shape it. Duct tape usually "relaxes" and goes bach to a flat shape.

If you plan to go the way of the aluminum tape. Do it with the plastic spacer attached so you can avoid the aluminum tape being in the way.

How do i know low quality yung spacer? I managed to crack it while installing the the other one (back-up light). I made an error of having the aluminum tape in the way of the spacer, so when I tightened - crack!
    sir vivafoxpro, thanks for very informative diy. dami mong time para makalikot fiesta mo

ganito din ba ang quality ng ibang bnew car (mazda2, new honda city, jazz, vios, etc.)? do they know? sa fiesta kasi andyan si vivafoxpro to criticized the materials and quality for every single details.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    sir vivafoxpro, thanks for very informative diy. dami mong time para makalikot fiesta mo
    ganito din ba ang quality ng ibang bnew car (mazda2, new honda city, jazz, vios, etc.)? do they know? sa fiesta kasi andyan si vivafoxpro to criticized the materials and quality for every single details.
    Walang dealer na papayagan ang buyer na kalasin yung demo model.

As of today, in light of all the things I "discovered", there is none that would compromise performance and safety.

Same pa rin ang stand ko : on the Fiesta, Ford skimped on the non-critical matters like screw cover, etc... engine, body frame, undercoating seems well done.

I used to be a Toyota loyalist, but in the incidents of the "stuck gas pedal" some time back where people died, Toyota lost me.

Give me a few days with your competing models with the fiesta - Vios, City, Mazda 2, Celerio and allow me to tear it down and I'm sure I will find similar if not worse things.

For prospective buyers : with the Fiesta, you already have a glimpse on its realities. Do you have the same info on the other candidates for your hard earned money?

For us Fiesta bros : Let us enjoy our sweet ride, remedy the flaws and for those we cant - Live with it! .

P.S. - always keep in mind, these are just machines. What we don't want we can fix or take out and replace. It wont be long meron na sigurado aftermarket LED, projector assemblies.

If you lost your love for the Fiesta , you can always sell it.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Ford Fiesta attention to details