New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi fellow tsikoteers,

an answered prayer yesterday

when my dad, mom,tito and i was watching tv last night at our living room and talking about the cars we test drove yesterday (focus,lancers etc), my mom said that we dont need the said vehicles we have an altis sedan.

she then said that we should have i pick up truck for hauling medical supplies
    (lots of them) and since we have a plan to extend our house soon, we then need a car to haul construction materials and whatsoever.

also a 4x4 car that can go through my father's family farm and to serve as rescue vehicle whenever we encountered problems in muddy roads whenever we're on a convoy.

and also as a college student im tired of bringing a problematic, smoke dispensing 4jx1 as my ride.

i wanted a pick-up, it must be gasoline fed, has an american size to fit me and a better riding comfort than common pick up trucks.

the choice is down to this, a Ford Explorer Sport Trac.

my concerns are:

is it tough for the said purpose?

riding comfort?

FC is not that big problem but i just whant to know how much does it make in a liter of petrol.

maintenance wise, were tired of our 4jx1 costing not under 200k for yearly Engine repairs.

what are common problems?

is compatible with the common upgrades to make it zoom-zoom?

is it much spacious than japanese pick-ups?

off road capability?

accesories, if theres any. (i liked the campershell with the big one pices glass mirror at the side)

i know for sucks for their resale value thats why we like them.

is the units below 500k a good buy?

what things to look for?

we plan to buy very soon (depends on the economic conditon)

your inputs would be highly appreciated.

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    sport tracks generally consume an average 4-5km/l city driving, its not much roomier than compact japanese pickups though. and its not tougher also. a ford ranger underchassis is much tougher. Ive had a ranger before and not even once during its 80k+ kms with me did any underchassis got busted. sport trac parts are costlier than japanese compact pickups. since you mentioned that you need a gas fed pickup, only the sport trac and f150 would fit the bill. personally i would get the f150.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ford explorers always have problems on tranny ,engine and 4x4 . i've fixed tons of them and just recently ,i did a complete engine rebuilding , the mileage was only 74tkms and the camshaft broke causing the engine to seize up. the guy cost him $ 6800.00 only.

the other explorer it's also a low mileage costhe other customer $ 2200.00 for a rebuilt tranny , these are all major so stay away from EXPLODERS(that's how we call it )

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    now i know.

but if f150, itwould be the same FC with our e150?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    hello sir s_quilicot,

Hi if ever youre interested, please send me an email at folout_14*yahoo.com. My uncle's selling his '01 sport trac. I'll fill you in with the details on ym or with an email.

thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    The Sport Trac handles way better than the F-150. FC depends on the driver's lead foot and I could understand why who wouldn't be tempted to floor it - geez that engine is powerful!

Suspension good to very good. It can really take a beating although they say that the OEM bushings can cost a bit high.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    s_quilicot i sent you a private message.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM View Post
    hello sir s_quilicot,

Hi if ever youre interested, please send me an email at folout_14*yahoo.com. My uncle's selling his '01 sport trac. I'll fill you in with the details on ym or with an email.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AGM View Post
    s_quilicot i sent you a private message.
    thanks sir AGM

appreciate it.

you could post it din here in tsikot to dispose that rig faster

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    The Sport Trac handles way better than the F-150. FC depends on the driver's lead foot and I could understand why who wouldn't be tempted to floor it - geez that engine is powerful!

Suspension good to very good. It can really take a beating although they say that the OEM bushings can cost a bit high.
    actually, the said purpose of hauling of medical supllies would only occur ones every two weeks or so.

hindi naman everyday so beating? hmmm hindi siguro.

the only beating would be in the engine, zoom zoom

MR, is it a mile away from the japanese pick-ups for the ride?

thats my primary concern kasi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    the sport trac's suspension is way better than the japanese pickups, it rides softer. reg fuel consumption of the f150 and sportrac i'd say the difference is pretty minimal. the f150 lariat consumes 3-5kms/l depending on the driver's right foot. some owners from ford club reports an average of 4km/l to high 4's FC. a sport trac would only get you as much as that. although since you also mentioned that you would be getting a rear canopy for the pickup...the canopy doesn't look good on the f150

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
is Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tough?