New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Im planning to get a 2nd hand hatch next week. 70k na mileage, ano ba dapat icheck ko to make sure ok pa yung oto?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Focus 2.0 of this era is quite tempting based on their price in the used market (250k to 300k). They are priced about the same as the Mazda3 2.0 of the same era and the Civic ES K20. Not sure which is the better car among them. I was thinking of selling my old 6th gen Accord and get either one as a replacement.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Niky answered my question from one of his old posts.

"The Focus is the nicest car of the lot to drive, all around, the Civic is the most powerful on the highway and the Mazda3 2.0R is the liveliest at low speeds."

Anyway, what's the key considerations when looking to buy one of these old Focus? What are the common issues of its chassis and engine?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2.0 Gassers, apparently you should check the front struts, the brakes and the CV Joints.

Diesels, watch for issues with the turbo (has better brakes and stiffer suspension) and clutch. A clutch job costs a lot due to the dual mass flywheel... but the clutch lasts a long time.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Wanted to buy ford focus hatch na 06-09 models masarap kase pormahan eh. Haha!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Yep, Focus MKII with 18" wheels, oks na oks na!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    reviving thread. yun clunk sound sa brakes po. sometimes akala mo may buto na sumabit. resolved by brake cleaning. be careful kung magpapalit ng gas lines na papunta sa fuel pump. plastic lang kasi yun nozzle so kung tatanga-tanga yun mechanic eh baka maputol yun nozzle which would require you to replace the pump assembly. ang di ko lang gusto sa focus is yun car stereo which needed a code... so kapag nawala yun code, casa will charge you 1500 for a reset.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hi Guys, i am planning to buy a second hand focus 2007, can you give me some inputs regrading this model

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    check the idle... lalo na kung automatic

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    brakelights and signal lights. kapag nagkoko check nyo muna yun socket.

question lang sa mga 2.0 owners dyan, din44 ba battery na nakakabit? kasya ba 2sm or 1sm na battery? stock electronics lang. availability ng battery ang main issue kung bakit gusto ko palitan yun battery. medyo mahirap hanapin sa lugar ko yun din44 na size

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
focus hatch 06-09"