New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what do you think? Any inputs regarding maintenance and FC?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Same question here.. Few weeks pa lang yun oto. Took the car all the way to bicol. Pansin ko lang sa fc. Mas malakas kapag mahinhin ka tumapak sa gas. This car loves to go fast. Mas malakas sa gastos compared to pajero fm. 2006 hb focus btw. Parts, not so sure pero ang hirap humanap ng replacement bulb ng signal light. Been searching for tailgate struts pero up to now wala pa ako makita sa mga auto shops. As much as possible brand new parts sana pero kapag wala talaga ako makita sa banawe or kapalangan, baka maghanap na lang ng surplus

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    From my experience, mas magastos sa gas compared to the montero and pajero. Almost stalled one time due to aux fan failure. Aux fan relay is the culprit. Medyo nahirapan lang ako sa paghanap ng parts. Kahit yun signal light bulb eh angled yun slot which is not commonly available sa local auto shops.
    Performance is good. Sarap idrive! Interior is nice (2.0) uphills bale wala. Handles pretty good sa twisties ng cam norte and atimonan quezon. Lots of power kahit puno ng sakay. A/T shifter is much better than 1.8 FD in my experience or matigas lang shifter nung FD ng mga friend ko.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Need ko nga din palitan yung breaklight sa likod. Hindi ko pa sya nabubuksan.

Yung break mo ba mababa talaga or sabi sa ford club mababa daw talaga?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    gusto ko lang magpost.

ganda nitong Focus na ito. sayang lang at hindi kami nagkatuluyan ng bentahan ng officemate ko last year kasi ayaw na din niya pakawalan.

yes, malakas sa gas (daw) pero masarap manehuhin.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    gusto ko lang magpost.

ganda nitong Focus na ito. sayang lang at hindi kami nagkatuluyan ng bentahan ng officemate ko last year kasi ayaw na din niya pakawalan.

yes, malakas sa gas (daw) pero masarap manehuhin.

Lalo na pagnakasemi-manual ka... para kang naglalaro sa arcade. hehehehe.

7-9 km/l depende talaga sa traffic... Gusto kasi laging mabilis eh. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Need ko nga din palitan yung breaklight sa likod. Hindi ko pa sya nabubuksan.

Yung break mo ba mababa talaga or sabi sa ford club mababa daw talaga?
    Ok naman yun height ng preno. Mataas sya kaya obvious na preno inaapakan mo. Di ko pa nacheck yun breaklight pero madali lang palitan. Di ko din alam kung angled yun bulb ng breaklight

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    re: ford focus

i recently encountered a problem with my 2009 1.8 A/T focus hatch. i was driving through slow moving traffic when the engine temp warning lamp turned ON. luckily, a gas station was nearby -- less than 1 km -- so i drove to it. while approaching the gas station ramp, the battery warning light turned ON. then, just about 5-10 meters before the car care center of the station where i stopped, the power steering turned OFF.

when i went down i saw a belt snapped off. turned off the engine immediately and had it towed.

initial findings were replacement of drive belt, ac belt and belt tensioner. battery needs replacement too.

any ideas if there are further damage to the car?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Is it not just a single belt that drives everything from power steering pump, ac, water pump? i wonder why need to replace ac & drive belts pati tensioner + battery. Sounds like a holdup to me. battery may have drained during the snap but need not be replaced as a recharge will be good enough just to get it started and going again.

I don't think there's anymore damage unless you let the engine run for longer time after the belt snapped. Just monitor your dip stick for about a month if the oil color would change. Beyond that, it should be alright.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Is it not just a single belt that drives everything from power steering pump, ac, water pump? i wonder why need to replace ac & drive belts pati tensioner + battery. Sounds like a holdup to me. battery may have drained during the snap but need not be replaced as a recharge will be good enough just to get it started and going again.

I don't think there's anymore damage unless you let the engine run for longer time after the belt snapped. Just monitor your dip stick for about a month if the oil color would change. Beyond that, it should be alright.
    the battery got drained because, they said, the drive belt also drives the alternator. not sure if my battery was really low already before the belt snapping.

not sure also why the ac belt needs to be replaced.

the tensioner, they said, was the culprit for the snapping of the drive belt. it ain't moving freely already due to damaged bearings.

hopefully, there's really no more damage since, like you said, it does sound like a holdup by casa. tsk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
focus hatch 06-09"