New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Guys need some advice here, we just got our Ford Everest last October 30 from Ford Libis. November 1, we went home in Cavite to break-in the unit. To our dismay, the fuel gauge was not working. It's stuck to a near full tank range even if we've driven it the whole day already.
    We immediately inform our SA and was advised to bring back the unit for repair. We scheduled it Nov. 4 at 930AM. I arrived at exactly 930AM at Ford Libis, I was expecting all replacement parts were already prepared given we have already reported the problem prior. They requested me to go back or wait until 5pm for it to be fixed. So I went around eastwood area. By 4pm, got an SMS that asking how much I want to have the unit fueled-in. When I got back to the shop, they asked me to wait again for an hour only to found out that the unit was not fixed even if they had replaced the tank float. They asked me to bring the unit back Saturday.
    I was really pissed off having wasted my whole day then asking me to bring the unit back after 3 more days. To think it's a brand new unit.
    So I asked for the manager and explained to my side. I told him I am not confident anymore to drive the car and do not want to manually calculate the mileage to know the available fuel.
    I insisted in leaving the car and had them fix it first.
    They delivered the "repaired" unit the next day...so i thought it was fixed already but worst the fuel tank is now leaking.
    That took all my remaining patience and called the manager and insisted of having them pickup the unit and replace it with a new one.
    We have invested to this unit and just want to get a fair brand new without any defect unit.

Can i push on replacing the unit? Or worse, what can we do on this situation? My niece and nephews are already afraid to ride here knowing the defects of it even just few days after getting it.

Hope I can seek an urgent advice. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenblues View Post
    Guys need some advice here, we just got our Ford Everest last October 30 from Ford Libis. November 1, we went home in Cavite to break-in the unit. To our dismay, the fuel gauge was not working. It's stuck to a near full tank range even if we've driven it the whole day already.
    We immediately inform our SA and was advised to bring back the unit for repair. We scheduled it Nov. 4 at 930AM. I arrived at exactly 930AM at Ford Libis, I was expecting all replacement parts were already prepared given we have already reported the problem prior. They requested me to go back or wait until 5pm for it to be fixed. So I went around eastwood area. By 4pm, got an SMS that asking how much I want to have the unit fueled-in. When I got back to the shop, they asked me to wait again for an hour only to found out that the unit was not fixed even if they had replaced the tank float. They asked me to bring the unit back Saturday.
    I was really pissed off having wasted my whole day then asking me to bring the unit back after 3 more days. To think it's a brand new unit.
    So I asked for the manager and explained to my side. I told him I am not confident anymore to drive the car and do not want to manually calculate the mileage to know the available fuel.
    I insisted in leaving the car and had them fix it first.
    They delivered the "repaired" unit the next day...so i thought it was fixed already but worst the fuel tank is now leaking.
    That took all my remaining patience and called the manager and insisted of having them pickup the unit and replace it with a new one.
    We have invested to this unit and just want to get a fair brand new without any defect unit.

Can i push on replacing the unit? Or worse, what can we do on this situation? My niece and nephews are already afraid to ride here knowing the defects of it even just few days after getting it.

Hope I can seek an urgent advice. Thanks
    need help badly...my family is already been so stress with this problem.
    sevenblues*yahoo.com

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No. Most likely they will repair it. But if they kept on " repairing " it then after quite some time something breaks down again. Maybe you could report it in DTI then if lucky, ford will replace your everest with a much more decent one.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kami din sa ford libis kumuha ng everest last month..so far wala naman problem..back to topic...mahihirapan po kayo papalitan yan pero hindi po imposible..meron na nangyari sa Hyundai Abad santos naman lemon ang naibigay na i10 sa kanya..pero matagal din bago nai refund ang pera

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Uhhh no, if that's possible sobrang dami na nagbalik ng auto. Anyway, what's most likely to happen is either repair/replacement of the affected parts.

If you really want to push them to give your demands get a lawyer. But un nga, baka i-replace lang nila ang mga parts. Kaya dapat ma-pasa ung lemon car law. Kung sino man ang mag-approve nito na presidentiable sure win!

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    *sevenblues, you got tsikot PM... Hope it helps.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    *sevenblues

Bawal ang "No return No Exchange" policy and this applies to anything sold as a merchandise including automobiles. But you have to exercise your rights. Contact mo na DTI if they refuse.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    According to the lemon law... if they have failed to repair the defect after three tries, you're entitled to a new unit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    strike 3 baby, take a base

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    guys diba may nagpost dati na binaha yung ford libis? if its true baka reconditioned flooded unit yun nakuha ni sevenblues.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Can i return a defective everest