New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Good day guys!!! just wanna ask your opinions/reviews on the Ford Everest. We're thinking of buying one.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Bad: Crude mechanicals, so-so ride, noisy, not very fuel efficient or quick, old-fashioned looking.

The Good: Great underchassis, reasonably solid, capable off-road, great water-fording ability (ECU is under dash, not on floor) controls and switches easy to use (they're Japanese, after all), cheap compared to other pick-up based SUVs.

The Verdict: If you want a good bargain, it's a big truck for the price, and Ford gives great discounts, extras and bargains... Ford service is pretty good, too, as far as dealerships go.

But if you want a modern truck, with better power, handling and fuel consumption, a new Everest is coming out next year, with CRDi. And before it comes out, the prices of the current Everest are sure to drop way way down... and you might be able to buy a 4x4 version for not very much.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sir niky, would you say na ung everest would be a good candidate for modding para sa offroad/4x4 events?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Currently, amongst current 4x4s, the Everest is a very good choice.

The Fortuner isn't exactly a poor performer (lots of off-roading parts available for the Hilux platform already), but the Fortuner's wheel wells are a limiting factor for off-road tires, and the ECU is placed low in the cabin.

I'm not sure about the Alterra... ...anyone have info on how good off-road this is?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    take a look at the link for other opinion, anyways i just purchase a FORD EVEREST TODAY!!

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=ford+everest

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think its hard to find available stock of these Everests. Heard this from a friend looking for one.

If not, try pre-owned (second hand). For sure, there are lots of them.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    You certainly have good taste

The current Everest is great value for money. I've got friends who have brought their families to countless escapades on and off road with no problems at all, mechanically.

After all, its a Ford.

As I always say, good things come to those who wait and the CRDi variant slated for release sometime first quarter of '07 is certainly worth it. It promises improved fuel economy and power.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks guys. You have been a good help!!! We are still in the process of deciding what to buy.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I purchased my everest a month ago. I say it's great!

LOOKS - you might say i'm a purist. But take this - 10 years from now, most "modern and high-tech" looking vehicles now might be out of touch already (pardon to all owners!)...but the everest will still look like an everest. It's a classic. Just like the first-gen pajero.

HANDLING - very stable. you could take on anything, anywhere. Off-road, hindi ka mapapahiya. Kung highway, ok din. It's as stable as any road vehicle out there. I don't think naman na buy ka ng everest for it's racing material. It was not built for speed (although i find the everest a good sprinter, considering its size).

SAFETY - nobody beats the everest in safety features. tigas yan. bakal ang bumpers, DUAL airbags, truck-based chassis, rigid body.

POWER - it's a true blooded SUV. Not an AUV trying to pretend one. It was built to be a workhorse. Not a status symbol (though heads will surely look at you if you get the mica black).

SPACE - naku, malaki ang everest. It's so spacious it makes others of the same genre looks like a "minica."

ACCESORIES - very minimal. But you are sure you get more for your money. At least you are paying for the real deal, not for the knick-knacks and perks that makes a 750,000 AUV into a SUV-look costing 1.1 million. And, you get less problems in terms of electricals, wirings etc.

BTW, i don't think it's noisy. Ala ka mirinig na ingay ng makina sa loob. mine is a diesel M/T, hindi mo alam kung bukas ang makina o patay (in terms of sound muffling).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    yepav,
    think of it as this, Everest owners are usually ones who value practicality over anything else. If your looking for porma, gadgets, etc this isnt the truck for you. But if your for space, versatility, ease of maintennance then the eve is definitely for you

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Buying Ford Everest