New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    *carwhacko - dumadami na Fiesta Ecoboost sa daan. Sa FCP, dami na rin new members na may Ecoboost. Oks yun kung magkita-kita mga owners and share their presonal experiences with their car.
    Yes sana nga merong EB

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Mga sir kamusta po ang fc ng ecoboost and performance... really considering to get this car soon... tia!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *waikiki83 - in terms of performance, there's no other car in its price range that can match the Fiesta Ecoboost. In terms of fuel efficiency, it can do 20km/L (5L per 100km) on the highway if you're cruising at 80kmh at less than 2000rpm but that will be a boring drive (hehehe). City driving conditions will defer on your usual route. I average 8km/L on Sucat or Makati CBD rush hour traffic averaging 15kmh. Light to moderate city traffic conditions will yield around 10 km/L or better.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thank you sir sa feedback... may nbbasa kasi ako problems sa powershift ni ford affected po b ung fiesta ecoboost?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So far, wala pa naman owner ng Fiesta Ecoboost na nag complain about transmission issues sa FCP. Please take note that some owners of Ford cars with DCT are always comparing traditional AT to DCT when they are not the same. DCT is an automated manual tranny; it feels a bit clanky at low speeds and has some mechanical noises due to its gears engaging. In a straight road (like the highway), DCT is so responsive and quick to engage thus pushing the Fiesta faster to speed. The Fiesta Ecoboost can do 0 to 100kmh in just above 9 seconds. That's quick for a subcompact and can easily smoke bigger engined compacts.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks sir egan sa feedback with a bit of luck ill be having my chili orange this afternoon...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by waikiki83 View Post
    Thanks sir egan sa feedback with a bit of luck ill be having my chili orange this afternoon...
    Na test drive mo ba? If not, ask for a test drive so you will know how it drives. However, if you have the unit ready, just test it out yourself.

Chili orange din sana yung gusto ko pero naunahan ako ng isa pang buyer sa available units back in July. Mine is Highlight Silver.

During the break-in period (less than 1000 km), wag mo muna i-redline. Just ride it on your normal daily route. Fuel consumption will be a bit higher during break-in period. FC gets better the more you use it. However, on rush hour bad traffic conditions (Makati CBD, BGC, Sucat, Bicutan, airport road, C5), it will be just like other cars with 1.5L or 1.6L engines. Also, since it has only 3 cylinders, idle rpm is a bit higher (1000-1200 rpm during break-in, 1000 rpm later on).

If you want to test how nimble the car handles, drive the car thru the Ternate-Nasugbu highway. It has a lot of zigzags, hairpins, and vertical elevation changes. Just make sure the rear passengers are strapped in if you're zipping thru the 2-lane road as the Fiesta Ecoboost has no handles for passengers to grab on.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks sir sa advice most probably ill be testing the unit directly n... ill post the picture the soonest...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hindi ka magkakamali boss waikiki! Hehe! Ganda ng handling at performance nito. At matipid siya (depending on your driving habits) my fc is now at 9.5km/L mixed city and hiway

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    And my odo reading is at 3,000kms plus.

2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0-liter EcoBoost