New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I hope the 2.2L TDCi engine will be updated (increased power and torque ratings) before the new Everest is launched. I have driven both the 4x2 A/T and M/T Ranger, the 2.2L TDCi engine suffers from turbo lag kahit naka VGT na. Pag ganun pa rin sa all new Everest, mas matindi ang turbo lag due to its heavier mass.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

Ford just released images of the Ford Everest Concept SUV, previews Everest replacement.

More pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...e=3&uploaded=3
    Ganda ng bagong everest.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    good things come to those who wait : )

a cheaper local version of the fj cruiser and now the all new everest(much awaited and well beyond expectation steering of from the ranger body design)

montero v fortunner v tb and now everest(i specifically didn't add korea and china made mid suv)
    The fortuner should have an all new by now. Daming mga SUV na maganda na ang design.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    I hope the 2.2L TDCi engine will be updated (increased power and torque ratings) before the new Everest is launched. I have driven both the 4x2 A/T and M/T Ranger, the 2.2L TDCi engine suffers from turbo lag kahit naka VGT na. Pag ganun pa rin sa all new Everest, mas matindi ang turbo lag due to its heavier mass.
    Ford must learn from the koreans now. Hyundai crdi are really great.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    or kahit man lang sana matapatan ang 2.2 R-eVGT engine ng new Santa Fe?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JX290 View Post
    Ford must learn from the koreans now. Hyundai crdi are really great.
    Smaller displacement, high hp and torque.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would be happy if the new power and torque ratings of the 2.2L TDCi engine is 175 ps and 420 Nm, if Ford decides to upgrade it.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jegger View Post
    or kahit man lang sana matapatan ang 2.2 R-eVGT engine ng new Santa Fe?
    Don't forget the rugged body on frame Everest will also offer the Ranger's 200PS 3.2 liter Duratorq TDCi engine.

I would be happy if the new power and torque ratings of the 2.2L TDCi engine is 175 ps and 420 Nm, if Ford decides to upgrade it.
    I'm not sure what they plan for the base engine, but remember they have the powerful 3.2 liter Duratorq TDCi.
    Last edited by AG4; August 17th, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Don't forget the rugged body on frame Everest will also offer the Ranger's 200PS 3.2 liter Duratorq TDCi engine.

I'm not sure what they plan for the base engine, but remember they have the powerful 3.2 liter Duratorq TDCi.
    They might or will follow what Ford did with the Ranger, using the 2.2L TDCi on the 4x2 variants, and using the 3.2L TDCi on the top of the line 4x4 variant.

What jegger means is Ford should follow what Hyundai/Kia did, small displacement engine with high power and torque ratings.
    Last edited by numbah5; August 17th, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    The front looks like a big ecosport, sides and dimension is fortuner. The rearside is the new everest look but I can't make much of it until we see it in metal.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast