New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 238 of 285 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2845
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sword View Post
    Guys, this thread is for 2012 Explorer, just wondering if it is okay to create a new Thread for 2014 Explorer.Di po ako makag-create ng bagong Thread (bago lnag po kasi ako), I'm sure may iba po dito gamit is 2014, although wala naman pagkalalayo cguro sa model but at least para maging specific yung topic..

Salamat po.
    No need to reinvent another thread as the 2012 & 2014 are mere numbers but how it looks are exactly the same. In addition, the problems then are still carried over up to now.

You may proceed on this thread irregardless yours is 2014 and beyond.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    No need to reinvent another thread as the 2012 & 2014 are mere numbers but how it looks are exactly the same. In addition, the problems then are still carried over up to now.

You may proceed on this thread irregardless yours is 2014 and beyond.

Well, no problem mate.. :-)
    But I don't think the problems are still carried up to the latest model-may nabago naman cguro nag create lang ng bago :-)
    Topic closed.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Happened again last night, while reversing sa parking, nagllag na yung reverse cam, sync. Tapos pinabayaan ko lang. Nung pag balik and alis ko sa parking, black screen na siya di na nag on. Then ayun, lumabas nanaman loading screen..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonexplorer View Post
    Yes, it will not fix the smell after this TSB and the other TSB. It will only decreased the smell by 70-80%. Avoid abrupt accelerations when you can. OPen the windows when you smell it. Strategically plan your overtaking when you can.

It sucks I know but what can we do. FORD US still has not figured out the root problem.

BY THE WAY...

I had FORD Alabang perform the TSB 12-9-3 Windshield Creaking. as it turned out, the clipset were ALL DEFECTIVE. This defect caused the creaking sound. So far after my test run, no sound.

I currently have a 2013 Explorer Ecoboost (purchased at FORD Cainta). Both TSBs for the foul odor were done already (TSB 12-8-8 and 12-12-4) and yet the foul odor/exhaust fumes inside the cabin is still prevalent (not exactly what you want in a premium SUV). I believe these TSBs are inherent DEFECTS of the new explorers. It is a fact that FORD has knowledge of these defects since 2011 and have currently no PERMANENT fix for it. And the sad thing is, despite of this, FORD still continues to sell these vehicles until today. They claim that the TSBs are isolated cases, but it doesn't seem that way when you read thru this forum (as well as other explorer forums) and read about a lot of owners who have the same complain.

I am currently in the process of taking legal action to resolve my case with the help of my father, who is a lawyer and we are pursuing connections in the DTI to resolve the matter. I believe that FORD is liable for a breach of "warranty against hidden defects". A full refund or replacement (plus damages) is what we are demanding. Even if the Lemon Law has not yet been signed, we still have the the Civil Code and the Consumer Act to back us up. FORD was able to FULLY REFUND my neighbor's Explorer for exactly the same concerns that most of us have (TSBs on Foul odor/Exhaust fumes inside the cabin). I guess FORD acted promptly to avoid media exposure since my neighbor is a prominent broadcaster and journalist.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by stboy View Post
    I currently have a 2013 Explorer Ecoboost (purchased at FORD Cainta). Both TSBs for the foul odor were done already (TSB 12-8-8 and 12-12-4) and yet the foul odor/exhaust fumes inside the cabin is still prevalent (not exactly what you want in a premium SUV). I believe these TSBs are inherent DEFECTS of the new explorers. It is a fact that FORD has knowledge of these defects since 2011 and have currently no PERMANENT fix for it. And the sad thing is, despite of this, FORD still continues to sell these vehicles until today. They claim that the TSBs are isolated cases, but it doesn't seem that way when you read thru this forum (as well as other explorer forums) and read about a lot of owners who have the same complain.

I am currently in the process of taking legal action to resolve my case with the help of my father, who is a lawyer and we are pursuing connections in the DTI to resolve the matter. I believe that FORD is liable for a breach of "warranty against hidden defects". A full refund or replacement (plus damages) is what we are demanding. Even if the Lemon Law has not yet been signed, we still have the the Civil Code and the Consumer Act to back us up. FORD was able to FULLY REFUND my neighbor's Explorer for exactly the same concerns that most of us have (TSBs on Foul odor/Exhaust fumes inside the cabin). I guess FORD acted promptly to avoid media exposure since my neighbor is a prominent broadcaster and journalist.

While the fix was not permanent, it did improve a lot. As long as you don't floor the pedal abruptly or hitting above 3K rpm, mine don't give that smell as it used to be. My thought on a permanent fix are either :

1. Extend the tale pipe further out protruding on the bumper.
    2. Totally close the air bent at the back sides. Doing so might have problem in closing the doors as air will get trapped.

Just my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    While the fix was not permanent, it did improve a lot. As long as you don't floor the pedal abruptly or hitting above 3K rpm, mine don't give that smell as it used to be. My thought on a permanent fix are either :

1. Extend the tale pipe further out protruding on the bumper.
    2. Totally close the air bent at the back sides. Doing so might have problem in closing the doors as air will get trapped.

Just my 2 cents.
    I'm thinking of selling the Explorer after I finish my payments by next year. It will be hard to let it go since I love driving the Explorer. But a growing family demands a larger vehicle: one that can sit 8 comfortably and still has luggage space.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'm thinking of selling the Explorer after I finish my payments by next year. It will be hard to let it go since I love driving the Explorer. But a growing family demands a larger vehicle: one that can sit 8 comfortably and still has luggage space.
    hi sir.incase po plan nyo padin benta unit nuo.please let me know the details.if u don't mind kindly please send me the details.pascual.joseph*gmail.com

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ang laki naman ng pamily mo Ang kailangan mo na diyan ay Starex, E150 o kaya coaster

Since I don't floor my Explo or go over 3,000 rpm, I never encountered the foul smelling odor. So until now I'm very happy with my Explo (well except for the Megatron mags LOL)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Ang laki naman ng pamily mo Ang kailangan mo na diyan ay Starex, E150 o kaya coaster

Since I don't floor my Explo or go over 3,000 rpm, I never encountered the foul smelling odor. So until now I'm very happy with my Explo (well except for the Megatron mags LOL)
    Actually, number of passengers include 1 driver, ako, wifey, 2 car seats for toddlers, 1 yaya and 1 helper. Madaming gamit kasi ang mga bata. We travel to and fro province on a weekly basis.

I noticed that the gas smell is gone.

I noticed that the smell from ACU is more like a brand new hose or strong rubber smell. Ito kaya yung nag kaka reaction with the coolant used for the Explorer?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    By the way, the smell from the ACU is more apparent in the rear vents than in the front vents.

Nawawala naman after a few minutes pero kailangan buksan ang bintana for ilang seconds para vacuum out ang rubber smell.

2012 New Ford Explorer