New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 599 of 718 FirstFirst ... 499549589595596597598599600601602603609649699 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Friend of mine does it for 2.2 and 3.2.
    Brand is upsolute

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dondiemcp View Post
    Sa 3.2 wt meron lock sir.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Yup confirmed... I checked mine this morning merong lock.

WT3.2L

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    How much did Ford save by not including glove box and tailgate locks sa 2.2 WT? May mabibili kaya na tailgate lock sa casa? gusto ko palitan yung sa akin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Unichip, DPChip, or Race Chip for a 2.2 XLT MT?

I haven't seen a Ranger with a Unichip but with a Montero, gains are about 20%. Also I saw a comparison between a Race Chip and Unichip and mas malaki gains ng Unichip across the entire RPM range.

Would like to know pros and cons of each option, and what's the best choice for a good boost that will not mess up my engine.

chips are an easy modification to shift more torque and power to lower rev ranges ... (don't expect to get more power and a lower fuel consumption at the same time as some vendors want to make you believe...) consider, that every time you ask for more power there will be higher wear and tear, on engine and drive train components, brakes and tires - that's the physics ...some chip vendor will give a "warranty" wrt engine and drive train damage: they can do this because they still operate the engine in the same performance range designed by manufacturer via the engine map, but closer to the max. threshold.

Additionally be also aware that more power means more heat the cooling system of the engine has to cope with. While I still believe that most of the overheating issues are caused by lack of coolant in the system a few cases might be also caused by tuning chips: owners are happy about the higher torque when pulling their vehicle up a steep hill ignoring at the same time that the additional heat needs to be exchanged via the same, unmodified cooling system...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Unichip, DPChip, or Race Chip for a 2.2 XLT MT?

I haven't seen a Ranger with a Unichip but with a Montero, gains are about 20%. Also I saw a comparison between a Race Chip and Unichip and mas malaki gains ng Unichip across the entire RPM range.

Would like to know pros and cons of each option, and what's the best choice for a good boost that will not mess up my engine.

chips are an easy modification to shift more torque and power to lower rev ranges ... (don't expect to get more power and a lower fuel consumption at the same time as some vendors want to make you believe...) consider, that every time you ask for more power there will be higher wear and tear, on engine and drive train components, brakes and tires - that's the physics ...some chip vendor will give a "warranty" wrt engine and drive train damage: they can do this because they still operate the engine in the same performance range designed by manufacturer via the engine map, but closer to the max. threshold.

Additionally be also aware that more power means more heat the cooling system of the engine has to cope with. While I still believe that most of the overheating issues are caused by lack of coolant in the system a few cases might be also caused by tuning chips: owners are happy about the higher torque when pulling their vehicle up a steep hill ignoring at the same time that the additional heat needs to be exchanged via the same, unmodified cooling system...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by WenG2 View Post
    How much did Ford save by not including glove box and tailgate locks sa 2.2 WT? May mabibili kaya na tailgate lock sa casa? gusto ko palitan yung sa akin.
    meaning to say wala ng lock ung tailgate mismo sir? just reserved a ranger kasi so im curious kung ano ung meron at wala

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JX290 View Post

I'd rather my car have a shorter lifespan with more fun than keep it for decades, perpetually short of low-end grunt.

As long as the car lasts a good 5-10 years with minor mods, I'll be happy. Would you have experience of chipped diesels conking out prematurely?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by WenG2 View Post
    No lock on the tailgate? Seriously!? Wow that is bad. So you can't secure the bed even if you have a locking rolling cover

Ford talaga!!!!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Most recent pickups don't have tailgate locks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather my car have a shorter lifespan with more fun than keep it for decades, perpetually short of low-end grunt. As long as the car lasts a good 5-10 years with minor mods, I'll be happy. Would you have experience of chipped diesels conking out prematurely? Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Well, there have been stories. PM Jag.

No Signature

2012 Ford Ranger