New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 349 of 718 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,490 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OMD View Post
    Regarding the spare key and remote i think the dealer keeps the spare if you bought the vehicle under installment.. hardright bought his cash..
    Hahaha. Just in case the need to repossess the vehicle if you default on the loan.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nglu View Post
    hello may tanong ako:

1. Ano ba ibig sabihin ng parang "slippery when wet" na light ? pagnagneutral ako during downhill (ata) sya lumalabas then may tutunog na parang buzz na maliit. Curious lang.

2. Ano bang diesel ang dapat sa Ranger natin? Saang gas station maganda and ano effect from other diesel?

Thanks ng marami.
    do you mean the icon?

Stability control (ESP) indicator
    While driving, it flashes during activation of the system. After switching on the ignition, if it does not illuminate or illuminates continuously while driving, this indicates a malfunction. During a malfunction, the system switches off. Have the system checked by a properly trained technician as soon as possible.
    If you switch ESP off, the warning lamp will flash twice and remain illuminated. The lamp will go out when you switch the system back on or when you switch the ignition off.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    haha lumuwag na yung shifter ko, di na masyado masikip. dati ang hirap e sobrang tigas. lumuluwag na masarap na gamitin :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Higher Euro rating (Euro IV, Euro V, and so on) means that the fuel has less sulfur particles, measured in ppm. Euro II is 500 ppm while Euro IV is 50 ppm.

It does not, however, automatically mean that fuels with higher Euro emission standards offer better performance or fuel economy versus Euro II diesels. There's the argument, however, that cleaner diesel lowers the chance for clogged injectors (which are very expensive to replace) for CRDi engines.

Thing is, cars that are brought to the PH market are already retuned to work with the diesel that we have here. Most of the diesel vehicles sold here function just as well on Euro II as they do on Euro IV diesel.

A lot of people clamor that using Euro IV diesel by the minor fuel brands offers a big boost in performance/fuel economy, but I have my reservations on it since there's always the possibility of a placebo effect since you "expect" the fuel to perform better. A single-blind test wherein someone else refuels for you would be nice, and probably the most objective way to do qualitative testing. Fuel economy can be quantitatively measured though, as long as it's done over several full tanks over the same route, since a single full tank comparison is usually prone to variance due to minor changes in traffic conditions, more than the fuel itself.

BTT: Does anyone know if AT Ranger XLT's are still available?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Help, anyone here who has a checklist on the 20,000 PMS and how much did ford charge you? If you check the manual you won't see a preventive maintenance schedule and parts that need replacement and inspection. Most of the vehicles i owned before have a preventive maintenance schedule in their manual. TIA

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Higher Euro rating (Euro IV, Euro V, and so on) means that the fuel has less sulfur particles, measured in ppm. Euro II is 500 ppm while Euro IV is 50 ppm.

It does not, however, automatically mean that fuels with higher Euro emission standards offer better performance or fuel economy versus Euro II diesels. There's the argument, however, that cleaner diesel lowers the chance for clogged injectors (which are very expensive to replace) for CRDi engines.

Thing is, cars that are brought to the PH market are already retuned to work with the diesel that we have here. Most of the diesel vehicles sold here function just as well on Euro II as they do on Euro IV diesel.

A lot of people clamor that using Euro IV diesel by the minor fuel brands offers a big boost in performance/fuel economy, but I have my reservations on it since there's always the possibility of a placebo effect since you "expect" the fuel to perform better. A single-blind test wherein someone else refuels for you would be nice, and probably the most objective way to do qualitative testing. Fuel economy can be quantitatively measured though, as long as it's done over several full tanks over the same route, since a single full tank comparison is usually prone to variance due to minor changes in traffic conditions, more than the fuel itself.

Performance will still be based on cetane rating and booster affitives afaik. But its a big yes for less engine vibration and bettet emissions.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OMD View Post
    Regarding the spare key and remote i think the dealer keeps the spare if you bought the vehicle under installment.. hardright bought his cash..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardright View Post
    Hahaha. Just in case the need to repossess the vehicle if you default on the loan.
    Does that mean we're gonna get a duplicate for both the remote key and spare after the car has been fully paid?

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    `
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonitecs View Post
    UU nga gabi pa ang travel ko from Calapan to Roxas hahabulin ko 1st trip ng RORO sa Roxas to Caticlan.
    sir pwede nyo try yung roro from batangas to caticlan, 2GO travel, mas convinient yun kasi mas malalaki barko nila.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

I have done qualitative tests on all my CRDi diesel powered vehicles with regards on the fuel efficiency. Same route and same traffic situation. On V-Power Diesel and Turbo diesel, FC was 6.7-8.0 km/L (Montero Sport), 7.0-8.2 km/L (Strada), 7.2-8.4 km/L (Trailblazer) depending on the traffic movement. On Seaoil Euro 3 diesel, FC was 7.0-8.7 km/L (Montero Sport), 7.5-9.1 km/L (Strada), 7.7-9.3 km/L (Trailblazer) depending on the traffic movement. On Unioil and Eastern Petroleum Euro 4 diesel, FC was 7.4-8.8 km/L (Montero Sport), 7.6-9.4 km/L (Strada), 8.2-9.8 km/L (Trailblazer) depending on the traffic movement.

As you can see, I have the best FC on Euro 4 diesels. That is due to it having a higher cetane number according to Unioil in their description of the EuroDieselIV. Better acceleration in my part is not a placebo effect because due to a cleaner diesel fuel, my EGR valves doesn't clogged up anymore, resulting in smooth power unlike with the Euro 2 diesels of the Big 3 which often clogs the EGR valves of my Montero and Strada, resulting in loss of power.

To answer your BTT question, yes the XLT A/T variant is still available according to my SA in Ford Global City.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renanyang View Post
    `

sir pwede nyo try yung roro from batangas to caticlan, 2GO travel, mas convinient yun kasi mas malalaki barko nila.
    Gusto ko sana kaso baka di ako umabot Friday night ang alis ko around 7pm ang departure ng 2GO is 9pm tapos uwian pa ng mga pasahero sa province kasi weekend expect ko traffic. Sa Caticlan to Batangas n lng ako mag2GO pabalik ng Manila.

2012 Ford Ranger