New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 718 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Rear legroom is really huge. I really like the new Ranger.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    source: Ford Ranger (T6) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your deduction is spot on. Did you read about it from wikipedia before posting it here?
    Nope. just an avid fan of the Land Rover. I know that they use Ford TDCi engines since 2007 but of a different displacement. It just so happened that for 2012 they are now having identical displacements as well. I'm still not sure if they are the same engines. I don't use wikipedia because they are not considered as a reliable source in the academe

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Double Cab 4x4 XL M/T - Php 1,179,000
    Double Cab 4x2 XLT A/T - Php 1,119,000
    Double Cab 4x2 XLT M/T - Php 1,069,000
    Something seems to be wrong with the pricing. Isn't XLT the higher end variant compared to the XL?

Isn't the pricing supposed to be like this.

Double Cab 4x2 XLT A/T - Php 1,179,000
    Double Cab 4x2 XLT M/T - Php 1,119,000
    Double Cab 4x4 XL M/T - Php 1,069,000

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Something seems to be wrong with the pricing. Isn't XLT the higher end variant compared to the XL?

Isn't the pricing supposed to be like this.

Double Cab 4x2 XLT A/T - Php 1,179,000
    Double Cab 4x2 XLT M/T - Php 1,119,000
    Double Cab 4x4 XL M/T - Php 1,069,000
    I think these prices are correct.. Just because XL is a 4WD that’s why a bit expensive compare to XLT

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I also agree sir, because that's also the same price list the SA told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by luis19cg View Post
    I think these prices are correct.. Just because XL is a 4WD that’s why a bit expensive compare to XLT

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i don't understand the configurations that ford released for the philippines. why is there no 4x4 XLT? why did they not release the 3.2 models especially the wildtrak?

don't they know filipinos will pay the price to get the TOTL variant? even if we won't be using the 4x4 that much.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The price looks right. The only reason the 4x4 is so cheap is because it's a "mere" XL variant. Doesn't matter... I'd buy one! An "XLT" 2.2 4x4 would likely cost 1.25m - 1.3m... which would put the 4x4 3.2 (next year) at around 1.5m - 1.6m.

Quote Originally Posted by usokpower View Post
    Yup I noticed the bed is smaller than the hilux. I guess ford made the interior bigger for more legroom while sacrificing a bit of space for the bed. But what I like best on the ranger is the 800mm water wading capability. the alternator is placed even higher than the intake where it should be. Unlike our hilux the alternator is placed below the compressor. While the ranger's compressor is placed waay below.
    Yeah... shame... the Ranger's bed used to be nice and long. Given the market, it makes sense to sacrifice a little bed space for legroom. That was the first thing I noticed, too... but at least the bed isn't as short as on the Strada. Either way, you can use a bed extender for long loads.

My big nit is the size of those wheelarches... they really protrude into bed space

And yes, the wading capacity is amazing. Always a Ford strong point... I'm wondering if it'll also prove as flood-proof as the old truck, which could be immersed completely in water for several days (Ondoy) and still work afterwards, unlike some other trucks...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The price looks right. The only reason the 4x4 is so cheap is because it's a "mere" XL variant. Doesn't matter... I'd buy one! An "XLT" 2.2 4x4 would likely cost 1.25m - 1.3m... which would put the 4x4 3.2 (next year) at around 1.5m - 1.6m.

Yeah... shame... the Ranger's bed used to be nice and long. Given the market, it makes sense to sacrifice a little bed space for legroom. That was the first thing I noticed, too... but at least the bed isn't as short as on the Strada. Either way, you can use a bed extender for long loads.

My big nit is the size of those wheelarches... they really protrude into bed space

And yes, the wading capacity is amazing. Always a Ford strong point... I'm wondering if it'll also prove as flood-proof as the old truck, which could be immersed completely in water for several days (Ondoy) and still work afterwards, unlike some other trucks...

Me too is interested due to FORD well-priced approach but what about the maintenance cost? 5000km change oil & 20K PMS, after all ahhhhhh..sobrang mahal.
    Some of previous Ranger owners were already on this dilemma

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post
    Me too is interested due to FORD well-priced approach but what about the maintenance cost? 5000km change oil & 20K PMS, after all ahhhhhh..sobrang mahal.
    Some of previous Ranger owners were already on this dilemma
    How much is a typical change oil and filter change for current rangers? On my 2002 Nissan Patrol, 9 liters oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, water separator and labor is P6300.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ek2jayvee View Post
    i don't understand the configurations that ford released for the philippines. why is there no 4x4 XLT? why did they not release the 3.2 models especially the wildtrak?

don't they know filipinos will pay the price to get the TOTL variant? even if we won't be using the 4x4 that much.

News
    When will we get the 3.2-liter Ford Ranger?

While the arrival of the all-new Ford Ranger pleased many people, quite a few were put off by it being available only with a 2.2-liter inline-four engine. One prospective customer at the auto show yesterday even strongly voiced out his disappointment over the unavailability of the more powerful 3.2-liter inline-five Ford Duratorq TDCi diesel engine with its prodigious output of 197hp and 470Nm of torque.

If you're looking to buy one, you’ll have to wait for 2013 since that's when Ford Philippines will have it in their showrooms.

According to Ford Group Philippines assistant vice president for communications Anika Salceda-Wycoco, Ford Motor has only given the go-signal for Ford Philippines to bring in the higher-displacement model by next year--once the markets that are traditionally strong in pickup sales like Thailand have been satiated.

"While we'd like to bring it in as soon as possible, it's really up to Ford (Motor) when we can bring it," said Salceda-Wycoco.

So if you really want the Ranger, it's either you buy the currently-available 2.2-liter variants or you can place an early deposit for the more powerful 3.2-liter option and be one of the first in line when it finally reaches the Philippines. Who knows, maybe if enough deposits are placed, Ford Philippines might be able to convince its parent company to bring it in much, much earlier.

Source topgear philippines When will we get the 3.2-liter Ford Ranger? - News | TopGear.com.ph

2012 Ford Ranger