New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 662 of 718 FirstFirst ... 562612652658659660661662663664665666672712 ... LastLast
Results 6,611 to 6,620 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heard from a friend that his turbo too is up for replacement. I wonder why the part takes too long to replace. He's waiting for almost 4mos already. 8mo old unit.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Heard from a friend that his turbo too is up for replacement. I wonder why the part takes too long to replace. He's waiting for almost 4mos already. 8mo old unit.
    Real hassle,- even if covered by warranty....

Is the unit still "drive-able" with the defective turbo?...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.8K:stone:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unit is not drivable due to limp mode and lack of power. Sana revised turbo na din ang ipalit nila.

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Real hassle,- even if covered by warranty....

Is the unit still "drive-able" with the defective turbo?...

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    24.8K:stone:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    NO THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED CASE. back read on the thread, and do a search on google "ford ranger powertrain problem".
    meron poll sa FB sir yebo.. out of 80 plus voters.. it turns out isa lang ang may turbo problem... yung isa naman ibang case ang problema na naging recurring (aircon ) ata yun.. so far 90 percent voted that they are satisfied with their unit.... dalawa lang ang hindi... 6 satisfied sana kaso poor ang service.. or ang daming naririnig na issues...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    meron poll sa FB sir yebo.. out of 80 plus voters.. it turns out isa lang ang may turbo problem... yung isa naman ibang case ang problema na naging recurring (aircon ) ata yun.. so far 90 percent voted that they are satisfied with their unit.... dalawa lang ang hindi... 6 satisfied sana kaso poor ang service.. or ang daming naririnig na issues...
    FB polls don't prove or disprove anything pards. It only means that those people who responded to that poll voted as such. 1 out of 90 yes, but is that 90 representative of the whole ranger owners population? Di naman lahat ng may ranger e may FB, at di naman lahat ng may ranger na may FB alam yung poll. And how do you confirm those who responded are not in fact ford sales agents? Sa dami ng sinungaling sa mundo FB polls are the last thing I will believe.

Dito na lang sa tsikot ilan na ang reported turbo replacement? Is anyone counting?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im more interested in a solution than polls because i myself bought one and sold to a friend (after getting a different brand). Fact is there exists a turbo problem which owners cannot turn a blind eye on specially if its a major engine part and specially if the vehicle is a workhorse wherein reliability should be top notch. Yes all cars have warranties but the the hassle of waitin for a part and the big ??? after repair if the problem will not recur is hard for an owner who bought a new supposed to be trouble free rig (in my case, for a seller who doesnt want to hassle a friend)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And the bigger question, what happens after the warranty period is finished? Will there be a recall, when they keep denying there is a problem?

ang mahal kaya ng turbo!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    NO THIS IS NOT AN ISOLATED CASE. back read on the thread, and do a search on google "ford ranger powertrain problem".
    Thank you sir yebo. Will do that.

Just wondering why Ford still continues to sell the Rangers if there's a turbo problem. In fact the sales agent said the Ranger is their best seller together with the Ecosport. The SA honestly said that the Focus is the one having problems particularly with its transmission.

When I purchased my fort in 2005 I was supposed to get the 2.5 D4D. When I heard there were problems I switched to the 2.7 vvti. No problems whatsoever. Just the normal wear and tear. I think toyota already found a solution so up until now there are lots of D4Ds on the streets. I hope Ford will do the same. By next week I'll be getting my 2.2 Chili Orange Wildtrak. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens to the engine and will make my 260,000 km Fort as back-up if ever the Wildtrak engine's turbo fails.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although it is alarming for a major part to break down, the ranger is still new in the market and there could be glitches still. The fortuner d4d had been established in the market because Toyota knew they had to fix the problem and they did. I think Ford should also find solutions fast. Waiting more than 2months for repair is a bummer. The reason why many pinoys still buy the ranger is because it is a good looking truck and the package is good vs the price.

Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Thank you sir yebo. Will do that.

Just wondering why Ford still continues to sell the Rangers if there's a turbo problem. In fact the sales agent said the Ranger is their best seller together with the Ecosport. The SA honestly said that the Focus is the one having problems particularly with its transmission.

When I purchased my fort in 2005 I was supposed to get the 2.5 D4D. When I heard there were problems I switched to the 2.7 vvti. No problems whatsoever. Just the normal wear and tear. I think toyota already found a solution so up until now there are lots of D4Ds on the streets. I hope Ford will do the same. By next week I'll be getting my 2.2 Chili Orange Wildtrak. I'll keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens to the engine and will make my 260,000 km Fort as back-up if ever the Wildtrak engine's turbo fails.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Kung di kapani-paniwala FB poll, lalo na Tsikot.

Kung wala akong interes sa kotse, sisign up lang ako sa forum when my car has a problem. Which naturally skews the demographic to problem-plagued owners and car nuts.

Even then, iilan lang ang nagka-turbo problem dito. It's just that the same people who had the problem just keep talking and talking about it so it looks bigger than it is. I had the problem before and naturally I had a lot of posts about it. Fortunately after my 20k PMS never na bumalik.

Even over at FCP there are less than a dozen people who actually had problems with their turbo. Compare that to the thousands of T6 Rangers sold in the country.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2012 Ford Ranger