New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 656 of 718 FirstFirst ... 556606646652653654655656657658659660666706 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    None for me. My Powertrain Warning light comes on but only at high speed and with no difference in performance. Pag low speed absolutely no problem.

Try checking the seals of the turbo hose since this is where the problem starts usually.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    None for me. My Powertrain Warning light comes on but only at high speed and with no difference in performance. Pag low speed absolutely no problem.

Try checking the seals of the turbo hose since this is where the problem starts usually.

Thanks for the tip brother. Will check it out.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008

This happened to me 3 times at 3K km mileage had a hard time determining the cause kasi hindi nag CEL but finally corrected it by tightening air cleaner hose clamp and securing MAF sensor harness socket. PWL never turned on since then parang malayo ang cause kasi dapat sa powertrain ang problem pero sa air intake pala.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Ang tagal tagal nang ginagamit ng 2.2 Puma na yan ng Ford sa Transit, and even sa Defender.

I doubt there's something inherently wrong with the turbo. More likely something wrong with the manufacturing bits for the Ranger variant of the Puma engine in particular.

And again, why are we obsessing over the same few cases over and over again? I checked Makati Ford's records on Ranger turbo problems, and out of the 6 that they had, 4 were just electrical with no malfunction on the turbo per se, but the warning light still came on.

How about the 3.2? Is it newer than the 2.2 sir? And do theybhave avdifferent turbo (different specs or manufacturer)?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracter View Post
    This happened to me 3 times at 3K km mileage had a hard time determining the cause kasi hindi nag CEL but finally corrected it by tightening air cleaner hose clamp and securing MAF sensor harness socket. PWL never turned on since then parang malayo ang cause kasi dapat sa powertrain ang problem pero sa air intake pala.
    Powetrain Warning Light is the CEL equivalent of the Ranger. Makes sense that an air intake problem can cause it. The engine sensed something unusual with the air coming in and reported it through the warning light.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Baka naman safety feature ng ranger to.
    Sacrifice the turbo instead of the engine.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Now monitoring engine parameters. EGR and throttle plate goes hand in hand. When there is egr movement and so is the throttle plate. EGR is almost always open the whole time even to speeds up to 130kph. Depending on load/rpm/acceleration it will vary. I am seeing from 50%-80% open. It always stays 80% open while the throttle plate is varying from 72.2% to 93.7% open. It also most of the time stays 93.7% open.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meron bang XLT WILDTRAK? o sticker lang ito?

xlt-wildtrak.png

no roof rail, no sports bar, and the grill is the chrome xlt grill.
    Last edited by yebo; September 28th, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Meron bang XLT WILDTRAK? o sticker lang ito?

xlt-wildtrak.png

no roof rail, no sports bar, and the grill is the chrome xlt grill.
    Poser si koya.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^ own variant nya yan hehe

2012 Ford Ranger