New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 635 of 718 FirstFirst ... 535585625631632633634635636637638639645685 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    This may have been covered before already and I used the search function to no avail.

Why does the XL engine have less output than the XLT?

XL
    Maximum Power (ps/rpm) :
    120*3,700

Maximum Torque (Nm/rpm) :
    285*1,500-2,500

XLT
    Maximum Power (ps/rpm) :
    150*3,700

Maximum Torque (Nm/rpm) :
    375*1,500-2,500
    They say it's because the XL has no VGT.

I think that Ford intentionally gave it less power because a lower state of tune means less stress on the engine and potentially better durability. Since the lower-end models are usually used as workhorses, durability is a primary consideration.

As you would see, all intercooler issues are with XLT and WT models.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ They made it like that so they could price it competitively for fleet purchases. Don't over analyze everything.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    ^^^ They made it like that so they could price it competitively for fleet purchases. Don't over analyze everything.
    So why didn't they give the Defender the same 150hp/375Nm that the Ranger has? Why only 120hp/350Nm? Is it also because of cost?

Cost is one factor, but durability is equally important if you plan to use the truck as a workhorse.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    stability. high center ang defender.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    What do you think of this?

Cover lids / Canopies - Ford - FORD RANGER T6 (New) '11/2012->

is it worth than the locally available lid? more than 60kphp plus shipping cost.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rktec G View Post
    What do you think of this?

Cover lids / Canopies - Ford - FORD RANGER T6 (New) '11/2012->

is it worth than the locally available lid? more than 60kphp plus shipping cost.
    For half the price you can get a Pace Edwards roller lid that has the same features. AND that is with no shipping cost and already installed by a professional installer. E yan may shiping pa then babayad ka pa ng magi-install. And how about warranty and repair?

Answer is a big NO.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    stability. high center ang defender.

And an extra 30 hp will make it tip over? If you want on-road stability, get an anti-roll bar. Some Defenders actually came with it from the factory.

All Defender owners I've talked to prefer that their 2.2 Puma be slightly detuned if the tradeoff is better durability. Noone wants a broken intercooler in the middle of a jungle.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    For half the price you can get a Pace Edwards roller lid that has the same features. AND that is with no shipping cost and already installed by a professional installer. E yan may shiping pa then babayad ka pa ng magi-install. And how about warranty and repair?

Answer is a big NO.
    I've read in some post here or other sites that Pace Edwards (not sure) and carryboy lid are not also worth it. Though that doesnt make this Greek product any better since no one had tested it yet. As mentioned, the locally available products would get stuck or misaligned and needs consistent maintenance to have it work properly. They also said that water leaks inside the bed.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ i have a pe, it only leaks when it rains really hard. Light to moderate rain the gutters can handle it. Baka naman the local roller lids you refer to are the ones without the vynil top.

All roller lids will require maintenance. Given na yan if you want one installed you must be willing to spend half a day every year to go back to the installer so they can clean and lubricate it. Or diy, if you are so inclined.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ^^^ i have a pe, it only leaks when it rains really hard. Light to moderate rain the gutters can handle it. Baka naman the local roller lids you refer to are the ones without the vynil top.

All roller lids will require maintenance. Given na yan if you want one installed you must be willing to spend half a day every year to go back to the installer so they can clean and lubricate it. Or diy, if you are so inclined.
    Im now inclined to get from PE, rather than this Greek product. Its just seems look better on their specifications and the toughness of the lid where 4 persons can sit on top of it, though of course we are not going to do that anyway.

Where can I get Pace Edwards roller lid for Wildtrak? Is there any supplier/installer, south of luzon?

2012 Ford Ranger