New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 600 of 718 FirstFirst ... 500550590596597598599600601602603604610650700 ... LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 7178
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erl919 View Post
    No lock on the tailgate? Seriously!? Wow that is bad. So you can't secure the bed even if you have a locking rolling cover

Ford talaga!!!!
    The roller cover installer will install 2 dead bolts on the inside of the tail gate that will allow you to lock the tail gate from the inside. The dead bolt can only be accessed when the roler cover is opened. It is also spring loaded so pushing the tail gate closed automatically locks the tail gate.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Wala namang lock ang glove box ah? Or baka sa WT meron.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Akin xlt a/t meron lock glove box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    I'd rather my car have a shorter lifespan with more fun than keep it for decades, perpetually short of low-end grunt.

As long as the car lasts a good 5-10 years with minor mods, I'll be happy. Would you have experience of chipped diesels conking out prematurely?

Is your ranger having issues with low end power?

I have a chip on my Sta Fe before for a year. But then 1 day the engine suddenly fails and went into limp mode.
    It was an injector problem and that was due to the chip. It just tricks the ecu about the rail pressure. The injector
    can't handle no more.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Akin xlt a/t meron lock glove box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    meron din pala lock sa glove box ng 2.2 WT ko

here's the 2.2 WT tailgate without key lock

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JX290 View Post

I have a chip on my Sta Fe before for a year. But then 1 day the engine suddenly fails and went into limp mode.
    It was an injector problem and that was due to the chip. It just tricks the ecu about the rail pressure. The injector
    can't handle no more.
    It's not an issue per se, it's just that the turbo lag is pretty significant. A 2.2 turbo (that isn't made by Hyundai or the Germans) relies too much on boost and thus is pretty lifeless below 1500 rpm.

With a chip, I expect an increase in power across the rev range that will be most felt in lower rpms.

What did you do next to repair your Sta. Fe?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JX290 View Post

can't handle no more.
    It's not an issue per se, it's just that the turbo lag is pretty significant. A 2.2 turbo (that isn't made by Hyundai or the Germans) relies too much on boost and thus is pretty lifeless below 1500 rpm.

With a chip, I expect an increase in power across the rev range that will be most felt in lower rpms.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010

Well, I got 50k bill for the changing of the 4 injectors! excluding extensive troubleshooting.
    So now, I learnt my lesson and get rid of the chip for good. The chip was from Germany, a very
    famous brand.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^Almost all chips do is raise injector pressures fooling the ecu to operate outside tolerances causing premature injector damage. Piggyback or re-mapping the ecu i think is the same.

Has anyone tried a pedalbox? I've heard this is better than chips in reducing turbo lag. Im curious to know also if somebody got water injection on 2.2 and 3.2, what are the gains?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    ^Almost all chips do is raise injector pressures fooling the ecu to operate outside tolerances causing premature injector damage. Piggyback or re-mapping the ecu i think is the same.

Has anyone tried a pedalbox? I've heard this is better than chips in reducing turbo lag. Im curious to know also if somebody got water injection on 2.2 and 3.2, what are the gains?
    From my understanding, chip tuning increases pressures to maximum tolerable limits and not past it. Naturally, manufacturers are conservative with their boost settings since each engine has its own variances and they need to come up with a one-size-fits-all setting.

Since you are using the chip to fine-tune your particular engine, you can set your boost closer to your engine's tolerances.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WenG2 View Post
    meron din pala lock sa glove box ng 2.2 WT ko

here's the 2.2 WT tailgate without key lock
    2.2xlt sakin. Meron lock sa glove box. imageuploadedbytapatalk1398308156.080663.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 Ford Ranger