New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    CRAP Jejemon food. Ultra small chicken

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've never tried Mang Inasal because my Ilonggo friend told me that it's not authentic inasal. Not even close. Bacolod Chicken (with the green logo) is the real deal daw. There's one near Shell at the Fort.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^HA HA HA. And what is a jologs ihawan??? Kailangan ba Viking Grill pa? lol

You'd be surprised though with the people who eat at Bacolod Inasal and JTs. Environment is carinderia like but decent customers. Parang Aysee's near ultra.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 26th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I've never tried Mang Inasal because my Ilonggo friend told me that it's not authentic inasal. Not even close. Bacolod Chicken (with the green logo) is the real deal daw. There's one near Shell at the Fort.
    Mang Inasal (Jollibee owned)

THE Bacolod Chicken Inasal

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    RVRSSG2.0, the inasal that my friend was talking about has a green logo (Bacolod Chicken House)

It's really good. Super laki. When I eat there for lunch abot na hanggang dinner
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 26th, 2010 at 04:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    ^HA HA HA. And what is a jologs ihawan??? Kailangan ba Viking Grill pa? lol

You'd be surprised though with the people who eat at Bacolod Inasal and JTs. Environment is carinderia like but decent customers. Parang Aysee's near ultra.
    Same goes with Aling Lucing's here in Angeles. You know, mausok na ihawan ang katabi mo, exhausted waiters, pero decent families ang kumakain. Pati Balikbayan's and sometimes tourists.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i usually order the pecho.si wifey naman yung sm leg. ung kanin lalagyan ko ng chicken oil konting toyo na pinigaan ng kalamansi at dinurog na siling labuyo.pantanggal suya yung mainit na sinigang sabaw. nakakatatlo rice ako. hehehe. once every two weeks kung kumain kami sa mang inasal sa solaris bldg.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Mang Inasal is really not unique. Inihaw na manok lang yan, gaya ng Andok's. Its just Mang Inasal had the audacity to introduce "unlimited rice" when there was a country wide shortage of rice and price were going up. That's when the public started paying attention and it has stuck every since.

Mang Inasal is considered a "cheap" or rather sulit meal aka meals on budget bec. you can get full for less than Php 100 (no softdrink, just drink the tap water). This is not even possible with Jollibee's chicken barbeque (which seems to be suffering from an ever constant cost cutting measures since its inception).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    And hindi naman masarap yung Jollibee Chicken BBQ eh, tuyot ... :um:

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Tried both Bacolod Chicken and Mang Inasal. Ang sama ng lasa ng Mang Inasal. Bacolod Chicken taste far better at medyo authentic nga. And they serve it in Bacolod Chicken with genuinely done Negros dishes/food (the Manapla puto is close to the real deal)

Sa Negros-Bacolod where the Inasal chicken and Lumpia Ubod (with no sauce. jejemon lang naghahanap sauce para duon) these originated as street food and usually hawked by traders in bus terminals (Ceres bus terminal to be exact.) From kalsada to now "restaurant" food. Kaya walang sauce ang real Bacolod Inasal at Lumpia Ubod. Kasi mabubuhos yun pag takbo ng bus.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Mang inasal (mam/sir extra rice)