New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I agree 100%. If a girl has respect for a guy then making him feel important is second nature.

BTT: A doctor would not need a flashy car to attract a woman. It's a noble, needless to say, respectable profession.

I remember this quote from Seinfeld which went something like: Women go after doctors like men go after models. Women want someone with knowledge of the body, men just want the body. :bwahaha:
    I beg to disagree madam...Doctor's when they screw up, the patient die's. Pilots, when they screw up, they die with their passenger/s.

Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    How about lawyers? :-)
    Lawyers are a bunch of lairs only to extract the truth. Ever wonder why cases take years and years, so that lawyers retainer fee, appearance fee, transpo fee etc... get's to be extended. Worse they even depend the crooks & criminals.

BTT : Cars only matter depending on the type of girl/s. Kung class A , they would be more on euro cars. Kung class B a japanese/korean car will do. Kung class C kahit walang car , taxi o jeep/bus pwede na. Kung class D lakad o kalabaw lang pwede na. Kung social climbers, sagasaan na lang pwede na rin, sagot na ng insurance yun.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    some of them said the guy has to have a better car than they do or atleast ka price ng car nila. when i asked why they couldn't really give i straight answer but i guess it makes them feel more secure para di sabihin ng mga tao na the guy only dated them because of their car?
    para hindi naman nakakahiya na mas poor ang guy kesa sa kanila

then asked them if they would choose a good looking guy driving a regular car over an average looking guy driving a mercedes. their answers were jokingly "define average".
    haha kasi meron sila tolerance limit kung gaano kapanget ang lalake na i-de-date nila... kahit naka MB yung lalake

but the serious answer was depends on who is more confident and more fun to hang out with.
    naturally girls like guys who are confident and have personality

girls likes guys who have "mojo"

so i asked them the reason why they would go for the guy with the mb if he is more fun and confident but average looking, they said that guys don't have to be pogi basta presentable naman itchura ng guy may chance naman, but a guy driving an mb means he has money which means he is smart and has a nice career. a good looking guy won't get you anywhere but an average looking guy with a nice career is someone you can marry. so bottom line is the car doesn't really matter, what really matters is your career.
    it all comes down to human nature

girls are attracted to guys who can give them survival advantage

wealth, power, influence
    Last edited by uls; August 26th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda nga ng oto mo, amoy pawis ka naman, and humihingi ka pa ng pang gasolina and pang date sa parents mo...... so hindi ganyan yan.....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    after i graduated from college, my old 2 door corolla which has a shinny paint & body, but stripped interiors just a pair of bucket seats remain inside, rumbling engine idle because of the twin side webers and modified cams... sounds and looks bulok in the eyes of the kolehiyalas. but a head turner to those girls na nakatambay during the night street race of those times

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sa panahon ngayon every other guy has a nice car

ang labanan dyan personality

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Most manilena girls now are easily impressed by flash. They sometimes find out most of the flashy guys can't sustain that flash after they swallowed the hook, line and sinker

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ganda nga ng oto mo, amoy pawis ka naman, and humihingi ka pa ng pang gasolina and pang date sa parents mo...... so hindi ganyan yan.....
    I have a friend in his 40s that fits that description except for the pawis part He lives with his parents and they pay for all his expenses (phone, credit card, personal purchases etc). He looks decent for his age and yet he cannot keep a relationship. His personality is insufferable kasi (major brat). He has all the cars in his parents garage at his disposal.

Character trumps the combination of good looks and money. My Dad was always mindful na hindi makapang lamang/argabyado when doing business. Because of this we did not really make that much money (unlike his contemporaries) but my Mom said we may be living modestly but your Dad has integrity. He is a good man. That is what I value in a man. Not his car or his job title.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; August 26th, 2014 at 01:47 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Most manilena girls now are easily impressed by flash. They sometimes find out most of the flashy guys can't sustain that flash after they swallowed the hook, line and sinker
    it depends

those from middle to upper socio-economic levels aren't easily impressed

whatever you have meron din sila

in a playing field where competitors have the same material assets, personality na ang labanan

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mostly college girls from lower socio-economic levels who are looking for rich guys to support their pa-sosy lifestyle

madali sila ma-impress coz they're superficial

kaya madalas sila naloloko

nabubuntis at iniiwan
    Last edited by uls; August 26th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm doing fine with my 30+ year old cars .....